Dt quotes

Thanatos

payaso
Oct 28, 2001
Hades
This was a thread in the old forum, I kind of liked it so here are some of my fave pieces from DT's songs:

One shadow of beauty, one shadow of darkness, sailing free on the seas within my mind ---Shadow Duet

My soul bears all the weight of mountains,
as mankind weaves its silent end,
can there be no forgiveness? ---Punish my Heaven

oh, I could write down here the whole lyrics DB :p
but well to choose some that are damn great...

"for you shall know me, see why in shadows I hide"

"turn my eyes inside, close the lids deny the world to enter"

"Fell a tremor in the pillars of the senses, cursed victim of a distant near, the first dream - the clearest vision"

and of course my signature ;P

Oh, yeap, on In Flames' Whoracle there are also some incredibly great words thanx to Niklas..."the privilege of a 22 km tombstone"

THIS is the magic that name would stain.
I'm not quite sure if the sentence was meant the way i understand it, but as it is with arts, it doesn't really matter as long as one gets ANYTHING out of it...
For me personally this one sentence contains a lot of my very own way to see (and wander through) this world.
some caves are too deep to dare exploring them

"Infinite fall of instinct
order of one spells deceit
Infinite lack of trust
order of one obsolete"

"Dimly begotten in clarity found
virginlike tears for impurity bound
Beseech he who darken the stars and the sky
to greet now his vision an emerald dawn"

"Nailed to the image of ignorance
each soul to violate
for the blood of heaven"

..the whole song fuckin' rulez..

Damn. you've got all the good ones already!

What? This is Dark Tranquillity we're talking about! All their lyrics are incredible!

- Immune you say- yet venom strikes in strangest guises.

well, this thread is kind of useless. why not post other great lyrics from other great bands here, for most of us here know the dt text quite well.
i'll think i start with something from new model army :D

...man, that's damn hard to decide...

OK, NMA - "A Liberal Education" - from Album "Vengeance"

We were in the garden of Eden
Just as children mess around
We only leant against the tree
And the apple came tumbling down

ive noticed that, phyre... in at least half the songs he sings something thats not listed as a lyric ... Hedon for example, he leaves out half of an entire verse...and this...

"So, is the future still open? [so tell me...TELL ME!]"

my favs tho would have to go to:

Shadow: "Wordless - yet in soul so true
Nameless - yet it lives in you
Shapeless - like the purity of pain
Lawful - when all fear is slain"

Hedon: "To open free the lid of pain. .... OPEN FREE THE PAIN!"
(this is really funny to sing in a race when sneaking up behind someone :D )

Of Chaos: "This is a tale long to live but, alas, so short to tell..." (friggin 10 minutes long)

Dobermann: "so he plugged up the holes, shut the outside window...in doing that, madness payed a visit" & "oh these misery's merchants saw the message clear - "it is time to pay" "

Feast of Burden: "chaotic are the tracks before me - barren are the ones behind"

and finally,

Dividing Line: "We must burn our minds..."

Yes, Ill join Phyre and in thought paste the whole Projector album as well, since it is a lyrical masterpiece (as well as musical), particular ones would be.......

"Did I miss the auction, where my life went under the club" sung with such conviction, as are most of Mikaels vocal duties. This one just bout takes the cake.

"To reap the fields of ignorance and lies, sins of omission, swept away, never to be found again....."

Just a few of my favorites............many many more, but I dont have 3 days to type ;)

A Bolt of Blazing Gold:

If silence was enough!
No words can grasp my starkest thoughts
No language known to man
portrays my naked sentiment

Haven:

If there were words for this
Would I sing or should I scream?
I'd give my blood to stay
My blood just to stay right here

Edenspring:

So drink from the fountain everlasting... drown

Fiery Changeling
reddened and frail
perspire to save it
the remnant of this game
If it launches again today
will our lives begin again?
Turning away from tides of lust
stronger returns against all odds.

i jsut realized what a shit i wrote in this thread a long while ago... this must have been in my first forum days... oops.

Above us minds went sailing free/and blossomed in the vast nocturnal sea.

@VultureCulture: why should clever lyrics be shitty? (Your legacy is waiting in the wings/And there's something so familiar in this hunger that we bring...)

Alfred

Originally posted by Alfred
Above us minds went sailing free/and blossomed in the vast nocturnal sea.

@VultureCulture: why should clever lyrics be shitty? (Your legacy is waiting in the wings/And there's something so familiar in this hunger that we bring...)

Alfred

huh? i was commenting on my own shitty statement i left earlier in this thread. of course clever lyrics are nice.