wats your favorite dt song?!!

shadow duet.

i also think tidal tantrum and the same are great songs.

am i 1 sounds like l337 talk.

mr. twisted beautiful, you're me 10 years ago. relax: in 10 years you'll make good money. :p

snatch! :lol:

please do drop your email address to me in a PM and i'll let you know

I think DT reached its best yet with "The gallery". "The mind's i" was a good follow-up, but they kept going downwards with "Projector". "Haven" was better, but they've been going down again since. "Damage" wasn't as good as "Haven", and "Character" wasn't as good as "Damage".

Disagree. They were doing great stuff up to Haven, listenable, enjoyable, songs that make you stop thinking about anything else and just listen (plus the shivers up your spine). DD and Character are the two albums that I simply cant get into, because they are so fucking ordinary. Everytime I listen to them, my mind starts floating and the music becomes just a background. The lyrics save it a bit, but thats not enough. Character is strong in the beginning (TNB) and then I wake up in the end, with My Negation. Thats it. I think that DT would be better off when theyd split up, if the next album sounds like the previous two. And please, dont hate me for saying this. :)

Well, in my opinion, Character was finally the album that reached the level of The Gallery, after ten years of "good but not quite perfect" recordings by the band. And I certainly think that the evolution from Haven to Character was a path of constant improvement - Character is better than Damage Done, which is better than Haven. I won't include Projector here, because it is so different that comparing it to the other albums is nigh impossible.

I will write about my favorite songs some other time.

-Villain

Villain said:
Well, in my opinion, Character was finally the album that reached the level of The Gallery, after ten years of "good but not quite perfect" recordings by the band. And I certainly think that the evolution from Haven to Character was a path of constant improvement - Character is better than Damage Done, which is better than Haven.

This is pretty much my opinion too, although I have to say as highly respected an album as it may be, I've never been able to get into The Gallery, and I can only go as far back as liking The Mind's I... Their sound on The Gallery seems to be markedly different, and it's not for me.
I love Haven, Damage Done and Character equally, and would probably have Haven as my favourite simply because it's the first DT album I listened.

Im sorry Villain, but I really cant see any improvement after Haven and I really dont know what makes them better. 80 % of those riffs (or their very similar variations) that are in DD and Character can be found on previous records. Projector and Haven was the path that the band shouldve followed, speed and heaviness isnt everything. I have a hard time listening to new Solefald because of this, but they have never actually made a simple heavy shit record, so its kinda new thing from them anyway.

"Haven" was the first album i listened to, and "Damage done" was the second. I liked them enough to continue investigating about them and acquiring their music, but --fortunately, as i see it-- what i've found later (i.e. "The gallery" and "The mind's i", which were the last two albums i got, not counting "Character" or "Enfeebled Earth") has been much better than what i'd heard at first. Of all albums released since 2000, "Haven" is my favorite, but i don't think it's quite as good as what they used to make.

marduk said:
Speed and heaviness aren't everything.
Enough said. :D

Villain said:
And I certainly think that the evolution from Haven to Character was a path of constant improvement - Character is better than Damage Done, which is better than Haven. I won't include Projector here, because it is so different that comparing it to the other albums is nigh impossible.
This is what i think too.

As for Character, i also listened to it only once after i bought it. Then i left it lying there for months, and when i gave it a few more listens it finally started opening up for me. It's a hard-to-get-into album, but very very good.