Dudes..do you like my shit ?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey :)

I would like to know, if you like it. The song is called "gunman´s poem"..I would say, it´s Thrash Metal. And yeah..I´m one of the poor minority who still use fuckin´ MARSHALL!!!

guitars & production/mix: Felix Neumann
Mastering: Lasse Lammert
vocals: John Brugger

Please give me some feedback for this.

Directlink: Gunman´s Poem

Greetz,

Felix

Thank you very much :) For this song, I tryed to programm the kick - and snare drum, but the overheads are real (seperatly recorded) with sabian cymbals. In the past I always worked with real drumming, but for this I made an exception.

Kool do you use drumagog? as ive just started using it and found that the sensitivity settings don't always give a true replication of the take recorded.

I recently did a mix myself you can check it out here

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=831764&content=songinfo&songID=7187172

Holy shit, this is awesome dude! I fucking love the groove it has, the riffs are so awesome, and that little guitar diddy going on in the right speaker in the chorus kicks ass! Seriously man, I'm REALLY grooving on this; I agree the singer isn't my favorite, but I think the style really fits; it's got a very early-90s vibe to it IMO, and he sings really well in the chorus. Great solo too, holy shit - so much attitude in those bends and chromaticisms, damn...keep it up dude! I love the guitar tone too, it REALLY reminds me of the new Bloodbath album (very crunchy, with a Boss HM-2 vibe - what'd you use for the guitars?). Synths kick ass too, are they in the whole song, or only in the end? And yeah, drums sound great too (what samples were the kick and snare?) - I really have nothing bad to say about this! :headbang: And great job mastering, Lasse!

Holy shit, this is awesome dude! I fucking love the groove it has, the riffs are so awesome, and that little guitar diddy going on in the right speaker in the chorus kicks ass! Seriously man, I'm REALLY grooving on this; I agree the singer isn't my favorite, but I think the style really fits; it's got a very early-90s vibe to it IMO, and he sings really well in the chorus. Great solo too, holy shit - so much attitude in those bends and chromaticisms, damn...keep it up dude! I love the guitar tone too, it REALLY reminds me of the new Bloodbath album (very crunchy, with a Boss HM-2 vibe - what'd you use for the guitars?). Synths kick ass too, are they in the whole song, or only in the end? And yeah, drums sound great too (what samples were the kick and snare?) - I really have nothing bad to say about this! :headbang: And great job mastering, Lasse!

Thank you very, very, fuckin much :headbang: I´m glad you like it, dude!!!

The orchestra strings, I used for the outro, are very quietly hearable at the second chorus. For the guitars I used an Ibanez s-series 7 string (I love the lead tone on this guitar) with an Marshall Jvm205h - mesa recti 4x12. I also used 2 rythm tracks with the behringer v-amp pro ´19, but that only for supporting the marshall/recti tracks. The samples are my own..recorded with my Pearl export drumset.

The lead singer case...hmmm it´s difficult, I know he polarizes, but John is so fuckin´ important for the mood in the Band (ACT OF RAGE). His presence is awesome. He´s a good man.

Kool do you use drumagog? as ive just started using it and found that the sensitivity settings don't always give a true replication of the take recorded.

On this record/mix sessions I did not use Drumagog, but I own it and it´s a goldworthy tool, when you don´t have much time to finish some stuff. For my personal "pride", I usually use my own recorded drumsamples :) On the next song, I will show here, I used Drumagog for bassdrum and snare. For the toms & the overheads I used the original unreplaced signals.

cool ass solo, clearly hearing some Arch enemy influences there. Good stuff, and niice tone. Grainy and juicy.

Thank you very much :) You´re damn right..I love Arch Enemy!!! I think, "doomsday machine" is one of the best sounding albums in the metal genre..together with "The atrocity exhibition" on the throne..IMO :headbang:

Damn those guitars are chunky. I love it.

Thanks, man :)

That was great !!

More please.
And damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!