Golgatha Protokoll - my best mix so far, I think.

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey Dudes :)

I would like to know, if you like how it sounds. I worked long for it, because i´m searching for the ground sound of the upcoming Act of Rage Album. Please rate the following, if you find time:

- Drums (most important)
- Mix
- lead sound

With the Rythm guitars I´m really happy. I used Ibanez Pick ups - Jvm205h - Mesa rectifire 4x12 - shure sm57 - some Eqs

Directlink:

Golgatha Protokoll

Greetings :kickass:

Felix

the first thing that struck me is that maybe the dums (which sound great) could be lower in the mix and the guitars more in your face

the first thing that struck me is that maybe the dums (which sound great) could be lower in the mix and the guitars more in your face

Thank you, man :) I only used 2 guitartracks (extreme left & right) for this. Normaly I use 4. Do you think, it could be better with 4 in this song case?

Cheers :kickass:

Hey Felix, sounds good man, though the guitars feel a lot more muffled than your tone on "Gunman's Poem." I dunno if the JVM has a presence knob (maybe just treble), but I'd recommend bringing it up! Also, a touch more gain and more volume would do you good, I don't think quad-tracking is necessary (then again, I never do ;)). I love that kick sample man, great attack but also tons of body (though I think it come down a wee bit). The hi-hat could come up a bit, but the snare sounds great. The crash cymbal in the left channel is a bit nasty sounding; low-shelf cutting the highs would really help, cuz I'm hearing a lot of what sounds like harmonic distortion. Also, some of the riffs remind me of "Death," so nicely done! :headbang:

Oh, and EPIC freakin' solo, especially with the choirs :lol: Very Manowar! (and I mean that as a compliment :D)

Also, the upper attack on the bass can get a bit distracting at times (especially in that first riff).

In fact, now that I'm listening to "Gunman's Poem" again, you should really just use that as your reference mix, cuz it's incredible! :worship:

Thank you very, very much, Marcus :) I appreciate your time & help a lot. Compliments to your ears btw!! You´re right, I used less distortion intentionally with the JVM, because I tryed to make a very transparent mix..and distortion is a bitch for that. I´m a great fan of this rubin SOAD sound, that´s why I tryed a different Approach compared with "Gunman´s poem" this time. More presence is a good Idea, I will check my setup for that. I know you are the amp spec, dude :)

Thanks for the compliments. I´m very glad to hear that! Haha Manowar Choir...hell yeahhh, maybe that´s true! Next time I will cover "the crown and the ring"..I love this song!!

Hahahahahahaha, YESSSSSS, god do I love that song - "Saddly my horse, as I drink my last ale / BOWSTRING and STEEL will prevail!" :headbang::lol: