easiest bodom song to play on the guitar

somethingwi1d said:
i just started playing guitar a few weeks ago and i just wanted to get opinions on what the easiest song to play/learn is by bodom

1. Please use the Search-Function...

2. Saying songs like "Hate me!" , "SNBN" would be easy for someone who plays a few weeks won't help him. This is just bullshit.
Like some other Guys mentioned: Try "Bed of Razors".

try some Iron Maiden, you'll be learning similair techniques just simpler and at slower speeds and it's still great fucking music!

Well, for me, the songs I've learned the quickest are probably In Your Face and We're Not Gonna Fall. Course, it all just depends on how much and how long you've been playing

You won't be able to play much of any Bodom song after a few weeks. But the easiest:

Bed Of Razors
You're Better Off Dead
Silent Night, Bodom Night

But only if you skip the solos. Good luck dude. :)

Maybe you should only pick out the easiest melodies, and try to play them...you can also try to play some Nother, withc also sounds neoclassical, but easier (only talking bout 'Dreams of Endless War')

But for a bloody beginner, I'd suggest some Metallica songs from 'Ride the Lightning'.

Much fun at learning guitar! Don't give up, there are 2 huge barriers you have to get over to become a good player, the 1st one when you start and think 'I can't play this, this is impossible...blablabla', and the second barrier is when you have a good handlging for the fretboard, but you don't wanna learn all the theorie.

Oh, and you can't play/sound like Alexi if you buy a Rhoads V or even a signaturemodel.

So, much fun!

I like the beginning of Children Of Bodom, and it isn't so hard either. I played it almost perf when I had played guitar for 4-5 months and I had practised it for 3 weeks.

Although now I've played guitar about 9 months and I can play Downfall almost perfectly (I can't do the solo).

So try the Children Of Bodom. And it has a great melody.

this thread is kinda dead but its a helpful topic for alexiwannabees and noobs ive been playing for 1 1/2 years and the easiest songs IMO (like said before)

bed of razors
needled 24/7
are you dead yet!

beginners remember that speed exercises and repition are VERY important. practice the e Minor scale it is used alot in metal. if you are having trouble with a solo buy guitar pro 5 (or acquire it) and play the tab and slow it down to .50 then to .75 then finally to normal.

and if you are a really big newb try this

1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4

DONT add distortion and play it clean and use a metronome. slowly increase the speed this will give your new guitar fingers more of a feel in the fretboard.

after that try string skipping

E---------------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4
B-----------------------------------------1-2-3-4----------------
G-------------------------1-2-3-4----------------1-2-3-4--------
D---------1-2-3-4----------------1-2-3-4------------------------
A-----------------1-2-3-4----------------------------------------
E-1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------

Everytime I Die (But I'm often sloppy in this sweeping part before the harmonic part)
Angels Don't Kill
Are You Dead Yet?
Living Dead Beat
Punch Me I Bleed (The easiest song)
Rebel Yell

Btw the hardest song i've learned was Follow the Reaper and Trashed, Lost & Strungout