Edge Of Sanity - Crimson

Thank U very much! That was cool. I had no idea they had made more than one album. (Sometimes ignorance is bliss, more often it's just a bliss for my wallet. :) )

Do they all sound similar or are there variations? Which ones should I try to make a priority of buying (yes, I'm old and old fashioned, I like to buy records!)?

/SE

Thank U very much! That was cool. I had no idea they had made more than one album. (Sometimes ignorance is bliss, more often it's just a bliss for my wallet. :) )

Do they all sound similar or are there variations? Which ones should I try to make a priority of buying (yes, I'm old and old fashioned, I like to buy records!)?

/SE

I'd suggest you get "Nightfall Overture" if you can find it. It contains re-recorded songs from the first 4 albums. That'll give you a hint of what the others sound like. Also, get their fifth album, "Invisible", since there are no songs on "Nightfall Overture" from that album.

The music style of the other albums are fairly similar, except for the first album, which is a bit influenced by 80s goth. It's a very good album though, and so are the rest. Check out Nightingales myspace for more info:

http://www.myspace.com/nightingalesweden

I'd suggest you get "Nightfall Overture" if you can find it. It contains re-recorded songs from the first 4 albums. That'll give you a hint of what the others sound like. Also, get their fifth album, "Invisible", since there are no songs on "Nightfall Overture" from that album.

The music style of the other albums are fairly similar, except for the first album, which is a bit influenced by 80s goth. It's a very good album though, and so are the rest. Check out Nightingales myspace for more info:

http://www.myspace.com/nightingalesweden

Tnx a bunch! Will do asap.

/SE

Crimson dines upon your testicles ACROSS THE WHOLE OF SPACE AND TIME as an "apéritif".

Hey im a first time poster here and could not find (i did not look through every page) for a thread for new members to introduce themselves so i decided to make my first Swano post to be on my favorite cd of all time Crimson. I believe this to be the best cd I have ever heard and since I got it in 2007 it has been epic and powerful to me every single time. Truely a masterpiece!!! The best way to spend 40 minutes by yourself.

on a side note Dan Swano is my hero and favorite musician of all time. I have spent many hours trying to explain to people the glory of swano and I am sure that they are all sick of me lol but I care Swano is the best!

I cannot tell which one is better, Crimson or Crimson II. Both are definitely great, two of the best albums I've ever heard:).

Hey im a first time poster here and could not find (i did not look through every page) for a thread for new members to introduce themselves so i decided to make my first Swano post to be on my favorite cd of all time Crimson. I believe this to be the best cd I have ever heard and since I got it in 2007 it has been epic and powerful to me every single time. Truely a masterpiece!!! The best way to spend 40 minutes by yourself.

on a side note Dan Swano is my hero and favorite musician of all time. I have spent many hours trying to explain to people the glory of swano and I am sure that they are all sick of me lol but I care Swano is the best!

Welcome! And if you haven't already, don't forget to check out Moontower.

:headbang:
Welcome! And if you haven't already, don't forget to check out Moontower.

Oh I am extremely familiar with Moontower and most of Dans work. Along with my long list of loved melodeath bands Swanos bands are just about all i listen to anymore. Moontower has had TONS of plays in my 2 years of having it and I would put it (for me personally) below Crimson and maybe crimson 2 but still extremely high on my list of top albums ever.

lately I've been much more into the editted 2 crimsons on "when all is said" rather than the original mix/master...80 minutes of joy with no cd change pauses

"Oh does she hold the power!! Is she a blessing from the skies?! IS this the awnser to where the secret lies?!?"
I absolutely adore crimson..
I remember when it first came out it never left my cd player for months and i memorized every single lyric.. Song/Concept album.. which ever.. Its one of my fondest memories and an album i still listen to regularly after so many years.

I do remember hearing rumors that it was written/recorded in a very short time span.. like.. a month.. Any truth to this? :)