EDGUY coming back to the States

You can't judge a tour based on one stop in NYC...that only works in Chicago. :devil:

HAHAHAHA also don't forget...this was Edguy's first US tour and many were excited to finally see them. Now they have turned off many of their fans. Will be interesting to see.

I honestly thought the best time I saw them live was on the last tour...it was right after the Pearl Room closed...it got moved to the Logan Square Auditorium last minute...maybe over 100 people showed up...they came and played such a top notch show everyone was blown away. They made lots of jokes about the situation and it ranks as the best time seeing them for me.

that is really good...I would say at most 300 for Chicago. It thinned out during hammerfalls set near the end actually.

HammerFall were extremely lame at that show.
I remember they busted out into a jam and did most of Enter Sandman.
It was like "really"????

I agree that a Sabaton / edgy tour would prolly do quite well and be a good situation for both bands

When I showed my girlfriend the email, she actually interpreted the Coming Soon part to mean that Sabaton and Edguy would be touring together. I told her that wouldn't work because Overkill and Epica were listed as well, but still, a man can dream.

Can Sonata even guarantee 100 people a night? I'll be shocked if this show draws 100 people to Teaneck, NJ on a Wednesday night, especially when they're playing NYC the very next night.

In most markets, they can. Considering what this package is being sold for, they better be able to bring 100 people in.

I haven't seen Sonata in 2010, but at that one they said it was the biggest crowd they had played to so far at that venue. It was a Saturday show in a major market, so take that as you will. Biut they also didn't have any notable touring openers, so if they could do pretty solid numbers on their own, maybe its reasonable to expect a moderate increase when they go out as a package.

When I showed my girlfriend the email, she actually interpreted the Coming Soon part to mean that Sabaton and Edguy would be touring together. I told her that wouldn't work because Overkill and Epica were listed as well, but still, a man can dream.

Overkill and After Forever played The Pearl Room...it isn't odd for two different styles to tour together.

Overkill and After Forever played The Pearl Room...it isn't odd for two different styles to tour together.

LOL - I know I always crack up when people find touring pairings really odd.
They obviously weren't around in the 90s.

The recession led to some REALLY interesting touring packages!!!

My all time fav oddball:
Sisters of Mercy / Public Enemy / Gang of Four / Warrior Soul

Can Sonata even guarantee 100 people a night? I'll be shocked if this show draws 100 people to Teaneck, NJ on a Wednesday night, especially when they're playing NYC the very next night.

I think Florida (at least tampa) will be @ 250-400, and its weekdays here

I figured I would post this here, since this became a topic to also discuss upcoming metal tours , per enter the vault...

Looks like DORO will be coming back to the States this year as well.

So the new album is called Space Police. That does not give me hope. LOL.

Well, if nothing else at least Edguy can be relied on to be amusing, and there are always some good hooks. But when they say this is going to be the heaviest album they've ever done, I'll believe that when I hear it.

The new album is available for preorder from Nuclearblast.de, if you're interested in importing. No boxsex, but there's a single CD, double CD digipack, single CD earbook, and double CD earbook. The earbook editions will have a ton of photos from Edguy's long career, and I would imagine a retrospective on the band, like they did with the last Avantasia earbook.

No idea what the bonus disc contains. Age of the Joker's bonus material was decent, but not spectacular - God Fallen Silent and Aleister Crowley Memorial Boogie, plus a cover of Cum On Feel The Noize, the single versions of Robin Hood and Two Out of Seven, and a ballad that didn't make the cut for Rocket Ride. Hopefully enough quality songs this time to make it worth the extra.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/about/71003.edguy.html

There's no listing on the Nuclear Blast USA site, so I'm sure that the North American release will be this fall or later, like they usually do with Edguy. Meh.

Sabaton and Edguy= me changing my underpants just at the announcement. :worship:

The lineup is going to be interesting. I was both at the Chicago Pearl Room show, HOB show with Hammerfall, and the Logan Square Auditorium. The Logan square show was a pathetic excuse for a concert. I understand that they did not get the word out very well, seeing how they were supposed to play at the pearl room right when that venue shut down. But they did not have a very large crowd there, and that is the last show if I recall they did in Chicago before they went on this four year break between tours.

Alestorm would be an incredible line up as well. Tobi has never steered me wrong, and there is little chance that I would not see them no matter who they are playing with. But to see an improvement in the fan base and hoping that their new album will withstand the test of time is another question.