James LaBrie Tour Cancelled

James just posted a statement on Twitter saying that they ran into visa problems and the tour is indeed canceled. :cry:

Hmm...interesting. I know Peter has come over here time and time again with Darkane, so I'm guessing it's either the guitarist and/or bassist. It could be the timeframe too though. This tour was put together rather quickly.

This really sucks! Time and time again the damned visa issues rear their ugly head. I was really looking forward to this show. The new LaBrie kicks ass, and the local openers here were top notch. I really hope the whole bill can come together next year once they get the visas resolved.

Good idea Paul,

We'll have to see what the MPshows guys say or if they completely hand that night over to the venue and let them book the bands. Sucks man I've been getting into the new disc and really wanted to see them jamming and finally meet Matt G in person.

Damn it!!!!! This sucks. :-( I was looking forward to this too. I just don't understand why they all make it so difficult for bands to play out of their country. And I'm talking both ways! :-(

And especially in this genre!! It's not like the bands are making a ton of money. In fact, I'd suspect most bands lose money on foreign tours just to get the exposure. I was blown away with what it was going to cost us to do a three week European tour last year opening for one of my favorite Swedish bands. ;-) And the visa hassle? Good God! My head was spinning just from the time I spent looking into it. I really don't know how American bands do it, I really don't.

Musicians are not exactly known for being model citizens. One reason that it can be difficult to get here. Another reason is because everybody is a terrorist. Even you. Kill your parents, then kill yourself.

As Jeremy pointed out, he just got us (A Thousand Shields) confirmed to open that show, so we were most disappointed. It was the best news and the worst news our band could receive within a few ours of each other.

I'm just glad we heard the news before I submitted the order for the Napalm Death shirt I was going to purchase for our singer to wear on stage! haha (Re: slightly obscure, comedic reference to the "Pull Me Under" video)

As Jeremy pointed out, he just got us (A Thousand Shields) confirmed to open that show, so we were most disappointed. It was the best news and the worst news our band could receive within a few ours of each other.

I'm just glad we heard the news before I submitted the order for the Napalm Death shirt I was going to purchase for our singer to wear on stage! haha (Re: slightly obscure, comedic reference to the "Pull Me Under" video)

I assume he was going to wear a vest over it. That would have been great.