EDGUY coming back to the States

Did I miss something? I mention on this thread that a Sabaton and Edguy bill would be cool and make sense, and all of a sudden it's being talked about like it's reality. Has there been any evidence of this happening other than the speculation on this thread?

Did I miss something? I mention on this thread that a Sabaton and Edguy bill would be cool and make sense, and all of a sudden it's being talked about like it's reality. Has there been any evidence of this happening other than the speculation on this thread?

I was just thinking the same thing. As far as I know, there is no evidence yet that both bands will tour together.

Kreator is now listed, which makes me imagine they'd tour with Overkill. Their last tour was together, so I can see it happening.

Seems unlikely to me that they would have the exact same tour package 2 years in a row.
Anthrax and Testament did three legs of a tour together over the span of a couple years and hit a ton of markets, Kreator and Overkill could probably pull off another tour as long as Finberg chose tour stops wisely.

Quick edit: I realize that both Anthrax and Testament are bigger than Kreator and Overkill, and can therefore make smaller markets work. However, they skipped certain areas and can safely repeat certain areas to the point where a 20 - 25 date tour seems viable. I'm not guessing one way or another on if they're touring again, just arguing the viability.

So the new album is called Space Police. That does not give me hope. LOL.

Well, if nothing else at least Edguy can be relied on to be amusing, and there are always some good hooks. But when they say this is going to be the heaviest album they've ever done, I'll believe that when I hear it.

They've released their new album cover. "20% more metal" :loco: I hope so.

SpacePoliceLimitedEditionDigi.jpg

Sabaton is no longer listed on ETV emails as coming soon, although Edguy is still listed. Doro and Epica are still listed. Anyone think Edguy might tour with either Epica or Doro?

I could see that. My fear would be that if its with Epica, Edguy wouldn't be the headliner, since Epica is a guaranteed huge draw in most places..

I don't know how many Doro would attract, though.. Edguy probably doesn't sell out a lot of venues on a tour of the U.S., and I don't know that Doro adds that much in ticket sales.. people who liked Warlock way back when?

I'd love another Overkill/Kreator double headlining tour.. if they wanted to drop the openers and just do two hours each, I could get behind that. :)

I saw on the Nuclear Blast Facebook page that the Edguy tour dates will be announced within a few weeks. Then our little Sabaton/Edguy sort of mystery will be revealed.

I could see that. My fear would be that if its with Epica, Edguy wouldn't be the headliner, since Epica is a guaranteed huge draw in most places..

I don't know how many Doro would attract, though.. Edguy probably doesn't sell out a lot of venues on a tour of the U.S., and I don't know that Doro adds that much in ticket sales.. people who liked Warlock way back when?

When Doro played in San Francisco last year with Sister Sin I think she only drew around 150. It was really sad because she put on a great show. She probably would have done better in any other venue in town, but the draw was disappointing to say the least.