Many PP Favorites Touring Soon!

Given their continuous decrease in attendance, I am surprised Sonata are coming back.
Maybe they will be on a co-headlining tour with another on this list.

Aww. They put on a really fun show, though. I saw them open for Nightwish and they were the far better band. Even my wife was thoroughly entertained.

If any of those 3 came anywhere near the southeast, I'd skip every class imaginable to get there

As long as they don't pick up someone like Arsis (last tour) that was the deciding factor in my not driving 5 hrs to go see them. I wanted to like them, I tried to like them but the sound made me want to lick an iron.

As long as they don't pick up someone like Arsis (last tour) that was the deciding factor in my not driving 5 hrs to go see them. I wanted to like them, I tried to like them but the sound made me want to lick an iron.

"They" (bands) don't pick the openers. But I wouldn't be surprised if "they" did...

I haven't kept up with Edguy in a very long time.

The first time I saw Sonata Arctica, they sold out the HOB in Chicago, and it wasn't even a weekend night.

Then every time since, they played smaller venues to a non-sold out crowd, or opened.

Not a knock, just surprised they would come again so soon.

Edguy

primal fear
Sweet! I've seen Edguy twice and they kicked ass both times. They haven't been in the states since '09, and Primal Fear haven't been here since '10. I missed Blind Guardian last time they came here BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT. Not going to let that happen with these 2 bands!

Aww. They put on a really fun show, though. I saw them open for Nightwish and they were the far better band. Even my wife was thoroughly entertained.

They used to for sure. It's like age, or drinking, or hell, maybe reality has sunk in and zapped all the energy they had when they were at their peak.

I haven't kept up with Edguy in a very long time.

The first time I saw Sonata Arctica, they sold out the HOB in Chicago, and it wasn't even a weekend night.

Then every time since, they played smaller venues to a non-sold out crowd, or opened.

Not a knock, just surprised they would come again so soon.

Sonata sold out HOB????? Are you sure? If it was the first time they played at HOB it was far from sold out. Had a really good turnout but not sold out.

I've never seen in Edguy in Dallas.. we had to travel to Denver to the closest show on the 2007 tour.

I'd love to see Sabaton for the third time this year.. and Primal Fear would be awesome.

I'm out on SA, though.. after Unia, I completely lost interest.