Eluveitie, Wintersun, Varg - North American Tour

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
I just saw this on Eluveitie's Facebook page.

This is a tour-de-force for folk/melodic metal fans. Eluveitie have announced they will be teaming with Wintersun*for a *Winter US tour, and they're taking Varg*with them. I repeat, Wintersun*is going to be touring the US. I know one person who is already at the front of the line waiting for tickets. The tour kicks off in Tempe, AZ on November 28th and wraps up in Boston about a month later. Here is the full routing:*

11/28 Tempe, AZ @ 910 Live
11/29 Hollywood, CA @ The Roxy Theater
11/30 Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro
12/1 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
12/2 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
12/3 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre
12/5 Edmonton, AB @ Starlite Room
12/6 Calgary, AB @ Republik
12/7 Saskatoon, SK @ Louis' Pub
12/8 Winnipeg, MB @ West End Cultural Centre
12/9 Saint Paul, MN @ Station 4
12/11 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
12/12 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
12/13 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
12/14 Ottawa, ON @ Mavericks
12/15 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
12/16 Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
12/18 Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall (at The Club)
12/19 Millvale, PA @ Mr. Small's Theatre
12/20 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
12/21 Boston, MA @ Royale Boston

Wow, I haven't been this excited for a tour in a very long time. I finally get to see Wintersun and I never thought I'd get to see Varg in the states. Damn I really can't wait for this show.

Actual text from a friend this morning:

"Dude, they're actually gonna let Varg Vikernes enter the US to tour with Wintersun!?!?!?" :lol:

I would check this out if the nearest date of the tour wasn't 1100 miles away!

Ditto. Still pissed I missed Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood last time due to the god forsaken traffic that night in Atlanta.

So they start out in the extreme west coast - go north and go across the northern part of the country in the winter? Makes sense considering the bands of the tour but dammit we have winter here in Colorado too ya know. Boo, Boo I say.

Not really into these guys at all, but this new record sounds pretty good....

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/192091 :

Finland-based epic metallers WINTERSUN will release their second album, Time I, on October 19th in Europe and October 22nd in North America via Nuclear Blast. The band are offering a stream of the album now at this location.

Watch the teaser clip below for the bonus DVD, which will be available with the limited edition of Time I. As Jari (Mäenpää; vocals, guitar) and Kai (Hahto; drums) before, also Teemu (Mäntysaari; guitar) will be showing you some of his equipment and tricks.

The entire Licks & Tricks session will be available on the DVD which will include:

'Land Of Snow And Sorrow' (Live At Rehearsals, Helsinki)
'Darkness And Frost & Time' (Live At Rehearsals, Helsinki)
'Sons Of Winter And Star's (Live At Rehearsals, Helsinki)
Licks & Tricks Of Time I With Each Band Member
'Sons Of Winter And Stars' – Project Demonstration (Interview at Jari´s Home Studio)
Photo Gallery (Live At Rehearsals, Helsinki)

Time I release dates are:

October 19: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Norway
October 22: North America, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Portugal, Poland (plus all other European countries not mentioned in this list)
October 23: Italy
October 24: Sweden

WintersunTIMEICover-front-small.jpg

Time I tracklisting is as follows:

'When Time Fades Away'
'Sons Of Winter And Stars'
I - Rain Of Stars
II - Surrounded By Darkness
III - Journey Inside A Dream
IV Sons Of Winter And Stars
'Land Of Snow And Sorrow'
'Darkness And Frost'
'Time'

The official album trailer can be viewed below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Detroit for being a suckass metal venue black hole with your shitty little Blondies, pathetic tiny stage I-Rock and nasty gutted out old theater Harpos, not to mention tiny little metal crowds. Just love driving two hours to Cleveland on a Wednesday night! <rant off>