Eluveitie, Wintersun, Varg - North American Tour

It is but I honestly could have waited another year for them to just combine the two releases. Feels like Time I is just an EP. The material that's on there is phenomenal though,

Agreed. Then again, the whole thing of "Sorry, but we ran out of time and have to wait another 6 months for Time II" is bullshit. They had what, ten years to get this done? :lol:

Agreed. Then again, the whole thing of "Sorry, but we ran out of time and have to wait another 6 months for Time II" is bullshit. They had what, ten years to get this done? :lol:

I actually heard they had to re-record everything a bunch of times. Sucks.

It is but I honestly could have waited another year for them to just combine the two releases. Feels like Time I is just an EP.
Agreed completely.

The material that's on there is phenomenal though,
Agreed, but conditionally...the mix on the CD is way, way too orchestral. The guitars are absolutely buried to the point where it's hard to pick out an intelligible riff at times. After watching the live rehearsal video of "Sons of Winter and Stars" on YouTube, I really hope that they remix and re-release this, as Nevermore did with "Enemies of Reality." The final mix flat out doesn't do the material justice. I realize that Jari produced, mixed, and mastered it, so it's ultimately his vision (unless NB wouldn't give him a budget for someone else to mix it), but it really needs a new mix and proper mastering.

Edit: After listening to the CD through headphones rather than speakers, the mix isn't as bad as I initially thought, but I still find it to be messy in places and lacking depth and warmth. Knowing Jari's reliance on technology in composing this album, I wasn't expecting it to sound organic, but it's very cold and digital. Something this layered really needs the right sonic treatment to show its full potential, and I don't believe that happened on this album.