emo band steals Downfall riff

:lol: It actually does sound alot like it but chances are, they don't even know who Children of Bodom are and just came up with it themselves. The chord progression that's underneath is extremely popular in all types of music so it's probably just a coincidence.

I pity them because I remember last year: I had a riff and was totally proud of it, I thought it could be one of the coolest riffs in history. But when I wanted to show it to my band they were yust like: "Dude, this is 100 % Pantera".

So even I did not notice, although I have all Pantera-Albums (except CfH).

My point: laugh at them for being emos, not for stealing a riff :lol:

They definently stole it. Maybe not intentionally, but they definently heard downfall at some point, remembered the riff and re-came up with it while writing. In their list of influences they have in flames, trivium, bullet for my valentine... They definently heard COB. Probably seen them on tour with trivium or bfmv.

I pity them because I remember last year: I had a riff and was totally proud of it, I thought it could be one of the coolest riffs in history. But when I wanted to show it to my band they were yust like: "Dude, this is 100 % Pantera".

Once I thought I composed a nice piece on the piano, but then about two weeks later I realised that it was almost exactly the same as Delta Goodrem's Lost Without You :erk: Didn't feel too good back then.

Now back on topic. I can't say if those guys have heard Downfall or not, but I can say that the riff sounds too much like the one in Downfall.

I personally don't see the big deal, CoB are bigger and better than the other band anyway, so...*shrug*
People who have heard of this band have most likely heard of CoB anyway - look at their influences. Their "fans" are going to be roughly the same crowd who listen to CoB, and they'll know CoB came up with it first.
I mean...who cares? Bodom are better than them anyway, and even if they did covers of all of Bodoms songs, CoB would still be an infinite times better than them. ;)

WTF those Fucking ****** there music stinks :p you can better be a Cover Band than stealing Someone music but COB steal some Riffs from otherbands to :p like Holy Diver From Dio and breaking the law from Judas Priest.. but thats just a intro for an other song COB knows how to Use those Riffs and if COB steals a Pease of Riff from an other band it sounds always way better by COB