Emperor coming to the US

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I just got an email from Candlelight confirming that the recently reunited Emperor will be playing some shows in the US in 2006.

Here's the dates confirmed so far:

Friday, July 14 - BB Kings Blues Club, New York NY
Sunday, July 16 - Key Club, Los Angeles CA

I'd think they would add more in the future.

markgugs said:
So this is officially confirmed now, eh? I read/heard that Celtic Frost would be their main support act.

On an aside: Friday in NYC, Sunday in LA? That can't possibly be right.

I heard of these things called airplanes. That'd be my first guess.

Nate The Great said:
I heard of these things called airplanes. That'd be my first guess.

Funny guy. When was the last time a European metal band touring the States could actually afford an airplane?! It's bus & van city, bub. What about all their equipment?

I'm just saying. I've never once seen any sort of "tour" that went coast-to-coast in 2 days.

i'd guess it's an "exclusive venues" type deal, although normally i'd agree with 'gugs.

maybe they plan on renting equipment to keep freight costs down.

It has to be that; I know lots of European bands have to borrow equipment b/c it's just too expensive to bring it over and lug it around.

I would kind of expect that a band like Emperor would want/demand their own equipment though, no?

Ohh fuck im glad the U.S. tour turned out to be true. Jaxx in Viriginia has had Emperor listed as "coming soon" but I didnt get my hopes to high. Im betting they will play their again though.

markgugs said:
It has to be that; I know lots of European bands have to borrow equipment b/c it's just too expensive to bring it over and lug it around.

I would kind of expect that a band like Emperor would want/demand their own equipment though, no?

I have no idea how they are actually planning to do this tour. I'd be surprised if they flew. I know there are some bands in the US, like Sunn0))), that fly from city to city when they are only going like 3 or 4 places. But I think they pretty much count on breaking even or even losing a little money. Just for fun and publicity, I guess.

Sunn O))) is also playing in Brooklyn on 12/18 for you ny peeps ...
i might be tempted to check them out ... see what kind of live atmosphere they create and how they create it ... although I am no fan of their discs ... but it might just be interesting live.