Emperor coming to the US

Yeah for sure, I pretty much own everything by Emperor, including the Reverance EP. Just thought they became too radio friendly too abruptly.

Latter day Emperor is probably not too far off from Dimmu, etc.

Did anyone see that Emperor is most likely going to add a 2nd date in NYC? Apparently they've already sold half the tickets for the show on the 14th...

With the group's July 14, 2006 gig at New York City's B.B. King's club over half way sold out at press time, Norwegian black metal legends EMPEROR will be adding a second New York City show on July 13 at the same venue. According to the group's booking agent, over 500 tickets have been sold for the July 14 date less than a week after the show was announced, with tickets selling consistently at a rate of about 50 per day. Tickets for the July 13 concert are expected to go on sale in the next couple of days. EMPEROR are also scheduled to play The Key Club in Hollywood, California on July 16, 2006.

In a recent interview with Terrorizer magazine, EMPEROR guitarist Samoth had the following to say about the upcoming shows: "We will play something from all the EMPEROR albums, and that means that we'll also play some songs from the 'Prometheus' album. But the show will be somewhat traditional. We have a good feeling on what the fans want to hear, so there are songs that we just have to play. We have more than enough material to pick from, so that won't be a problem at all." Added frontman Ihsahn: "Even though we'll have to leave some songs out, we hope we can get the fans to feel that they didn't miss anything when they see us now. I don't think we'll go out as a parody of ourselves."

Upcoming EMPEROR shows:

Apr. 13-15 - Oslo, NOR @ Inferno Festival
Jul. 13 - New York, NY @ B.B. King's (to be confirmed)
Jul. 14 - New York, NY B.B. King's
Jul. 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
Aug. 3-5 - Wacken, GER @ Wacken Open Air

JayKeeley said:
Not saying it's bad, just saying it aint exactly "I am the Black Wizards", or Enslaved's "Lifandi Liv Undir Hamri" (my goodness, can it get better than this)

Still most RC users haven't been exposed to Lunar Aurora . Am I wrong?

markgugs said:
Did anyone see that Emperor is most likely going to add a 2nd date in NYC? Apparently they've already sold half the tickets for the show on the 14th...

Mark, if you or JK, Zod, etc. end up going to this show, I'll probably end up going to both shows. If I would be going to both shows alone, then I'll probably just do the Friday night show. See if you can make it out. Hopefully the 2nd show will enable you to wait to buy a ticket if you want to go.

Dark One said:
Mark, if you or JK, Zod, etc. end up going to this show, I'll probably end up going to both shows. If I would be going to both shows alone, then I'll probably just do the Friday night show. See if you can make it out. Hopefully the 2nd show will enable you to wait to buy a ticket if you want to go.

Yeah, we'll see what happens. I just don't have an extra $60 laying about right now.

markgugs said:
Yeah, we'll see what happens. I just don't have an extra $60 laying about right now.

Right, that's why the second show at least increases your chances of being able to score a ticket when/if the time is right. If not, that's cool, I'll do one show alone, but, as always, it's more fun to watch a show and hang out too.