Emperor coming to the US

bb kings rarely sells out for metal shows ... that crazy lineup from a few weeks ago was not sold out ...
if the Frosties are on the bill will check this out ... but get tickets at the door

lizard said:
which leaves plenty of time between ticket purchase and showtime to be cancelled and thusly inconvenience you doubly.

Exactly.

Especially since you DO NOT RECOUP TicketAsshole's "convenience" charge, which has to be the most misleadingly titled thing ever.

lurch70 said:
bb kings rarely sells out for metal shows ... that crazy lineup from a few weeks ago was not sold out ...
if the Frosties are on the bill will check this out ... but get tickets at the door

Yeah, JayK and I applied that logic to Manowar w/ Rhapsody, and they were $50 fucking tickets!

Sold out 1 month in advance.

markgugs said:
Jesus christ, ALREADY?!

I hate this trend. The fucking show is NEXT JULY for crying out loud. :yell: [/rant]

i guess emperor is trying to gauge if its even worth the trip ... plus they have to let the plumbing shop know that they need that week off :loco:

Went to BB Kings last night for the first time... great club.

I guess I have 9 months to develop an appreciation for Emperor. I do own all of their CDs (Century Media was having a $5 sale, and I'll buy almost any CD for $5... it's a sickness). Now all I have to do is actually make it through one of them.

Zod

yes, great place to see a band ... you can actually SEE them ...
the Obituary show, the sound was the best I have ever heard for a live band.

even the back bar is close enough to the stage to just chill and enjoy.

plus you can get table service if you need food.

nothing like watching DM over a bowl of pasta

General Zod said:
Went to BB Kings last night for the first time... great club.

I guess I have 9 months to develop an appreciation for Emperor. I do own all of their CDs (Century Media was having a $5 sale, and I'll buy almost any CD for $5... it's a sickness). Now all I have to do is actually make it through one of them.

Zod

Check out the song "Empty" from the album "Prometheus". I reckon you could like it. :cool:

And it's a damn lot easier to get into the rest of their material if you have a starting point.

And I don't think I'll bother seeing them this time around. I saw a bunch of times back when they were good, and it's not worth the ticket price to see something that will probably pale next to that.

Dammit, I don't want to buy mine right away, but I can't miss out on this!

Zod, you may be a little more "ready" than you were last time, but I still recommend "IX Equilibrium" as a starting point, with "Anthems...." being my absolute favorite, just a little harsher. As good as "In the Nightside Eclipse" is, I wouldn't go anywhere near it unless those other two happen to grow on you.

$50 is way too much for this.
after seeing half of them in that Scum band ... just fucked my head up now.
the aura they head is gone :loco:

This was just posted on Blabbermouth:

"Tickets for EMPEROR's July 14, 2006 New York City show at B.B. King's went on sale 5:00 p.m. EST yesterday. Ticketmaster and B.B. King's box office confirm already 200 sales in the first hours. The event is expected to sell out long before its July date."

Looks like I have no choice but to pony up and pay the damn Ticketbastard fees. There is no way I am missing this show.

markgugs said:
[threadjack] How was Witches/Kamelot, Greg?
I've seen Witches three times previous, simply because they've opened for bands I wanted to see. I would say last night was their best performance, though their music just doesn't appeal to me (too generic). Kamelot was tight, and Khan sounded as strong as I've ever heard him for the first 45 minutes. He was much more into playing NYC than he's ever been at PP. After the first 45 minutes, he began to really strain for notes as the set went on. Someone in Kamelot's crew asked to have the AC turned off just before the band came on stage. So maybe he was sick? Regardless, he muscled through and seemed to get a second wind (vocally) during the last 15 minutes. Overall, real good show.

My neice is now in love with Khan. Well, I guess that's a huge step up from Eminen.:loco:

Zod

Crimson Velvet said:
Check out the song "Empty" from the album "Prometheus". I reckon you could like it. :cool:
Thanks. I'll queue it up next.

Crimson Velvet said:
And it's a damn lot easier to get into the rest of their material if you have a starting point.
A very good point. Thanks.

Dark One said:
Zod, you may be a little more "ready" than you were last time, but I still recommend "IX Equilibrium" as a starting point, with "Anthems...." being my absolute favorite, just a little harsher. As good as "In the Nightside Eclipse" is, I wouldn't go anywhere near it unless those other two happen to grow on you.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Zod

Yeah, when I first heard nightside I didn't like it much, but I listened to some of their other stuff and some other BM and then when i went back to nightside a few months later it blew me away.

This might have been covered already:

I just got an email from Candlelight saying that the NYC show has already sold 200 tickets, and they expect to sell out LONG before July. BB King's and Ticketmaster confirm this.

General Zod said:
I've seen Witches three times previous, simply because they've opened for bands I wanted to see. I would say last night was their best performance, though their music just doesn't appeal to me (too generic). Kamelot was tight, and Khan sounded as strong as I've ever heard him for the first 45 minutes. He was much more into playing NYC than he's ever been at PP. After the first 45 minutes, he began to really strain for notes as the set went on. Someone in Kamelot's crew asked to have the AC turned off just before the band came on stage. So maybe he was sick? Regardless, he muscled through and seemed to get a second wind (vocally) during the last 15 minutes. Overall, real good show.

My neice is now in love with Khan. Well, I guess that's a huge step up from Eminen.:loco:

Zod

Sounds great Greg! I actually toyed with the idea of coming to the show to meet up with you, but this sinus infection kayo'd that idea.

Plus I always like to see Jack Frost - yeah, he's a pompous ass, but he's a funny guy and I like shooting the shit with him.

I thought your niece was in love with me? :erk:

Nate The Great said:
This might have been covered already:

I just got an email from Candlelight saying that the NYC show has already sold 200 tickets, and they expect to sell out LONG before July. BB King's and Ticketmaster confirm this.

Unfortunately, if it sells out, it sells out.

I refuse to pony up $60+ 8 months before a concert, I don't care if Dead himself comes back from the uh, dead and guest sings on 3 songs. :tickled: