Engl amps.

I'm pretty sure Epitaph was ENGL 860 rackmount, as was Onset.
Ah ok.. I read it somewhere a while back, my bad! I found this quote from him though.. answer to what will be used on the new record.. "ENGL Savage 120. Sennheiser e609s are cool, as are SM57s...both of which i used to record the guitars for 'Epitaph'."

Can't wait to hear it personally!

I tested the Fireball 100 in the store. It still totally sounds like the old Fireball, with the distortion having that sort of grainy, fizzy content to it. Now the mid boost is a really nice feature, the additional power certainly doesn't hurt, and the independent gains for clean and distorted speak for themselves. But IMO it still doesn't come anywhere near the Invader, it's just a bit more versatile/usable due to the mid boost.

Can some post a clip demonstrating the "Djentness" of the Invader?

I Think my Savage120 has more Djent then what i've any other place, even when playing the looow notes on my RG2228...so I wanna hear this "Djent-Invader-stuff".

Also, the Invader has EL-34 and a "mid voiced" preamp"...what happens to the lows?

There was a dude who used to post around here that had an Invader that he would always make clips with (Temps was his name); wasn't too keen on his music (just cuz I'm really not a djent fan), but he was a cool guy (who didn't afraid of anything :loco: ). Here are a couple of his clips:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=628509&content=songinfo&songID=7607500
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=628509&content=songinfo&songID=7364985

i think these sound pretty fucking sweet

I don't like those Invader clips at ALL. Although, I'm not sure what cab/mic'ing technique or processing the dude used, so, I won't judge the Invader based on those alone.

Sounds really 2d and the mids aren't my cup o' tea.

I'm still GAS'ING HARD for an SE, though. :heh:

check out this recording i made using an engl invader 150
it was my friends and i borrowed it to record my old band.
used an sm57 and an md421(only 1 at at time)

mesa rectifier cab

came out amazing..these were not stock tubes. they were mesa power tubes, but the pre amp tubes were unmarked.
after a while this amp just started to sound like garbage, and only sounded good in LOWWW tunings always

i cant figure out how to upload an attatchment to this forum site
so heres a link
myspace.com/heartofalionny
the song is "alls fair in love and war"

if anyone wants to hear it not through myspace's horrible player mesage me

i really loved my blackmore for at home and recording use...hell the only reason i sold it was because i needed a bass amp, and as much as i loved the blackmore, i loved my mark III, deliverance, and cobra more (had to sacrifice something at that point)

i will say it didn't do quite as well for live use as i'd hoped tho, it was still pretty good...but just wasn't as powerful onstage as i would've liked

btw, here's a ROUGH mixed clip i threw together a while back using my vht (left) and blackmore (right)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7618689

ENGLs are the best amps i've ever used live, and i've owned a fuckload of nice amps including Bogners, Diezels etc. I use the SE and the Savage.

They just have the tightness and response 'built in' that I always needed boost pedals and other shit to get out of other amps. They also have tons of useful features for a live rig like MIDI switching, multiple loops etc. etc.

For recording I don't have that much experience yet. I favored some other amps slightly for our last foray. I've heard some killer Savage recordings though.

I haven't ever played an ENGL myself, but I think their design is great! I've always liked how these amps look...

Not very useful for this thread, tho. :(

I still love my Blackmore, but I lack the knowledge and gear needed to make good clips with it. Served me very well live though, no complaints.

Weren`t the last few Destruction albums done with a Savage as well ? I tried to spot an amp in that studio video, but I didn`t see one

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1706149384[/ame]