EPIC QUESTIONNAIRE THREAD

If I had to guess at which poster is a bot, I'd probably choose Elric. It's sophisticated enough to respond to direct statements and questions, and it has a set of rudimentary musical preferences programmed in (based on what tends to trend on this forum), but humour and original thought are beyond its operational parameters.

Last edited:
If I had to guess at which poster is a bot, I'd probably choose Elric. It's sophisticated enough to respond to direct statements and questions, and it has a set of rudimentary musical preferences programmed in (based on what tends to trend on this forum), but humour and original thought are beyond its operational parameters.

Didn't you get super butthurt because the extreme edition mixtape game was not exclusively for extreme metal and repeatedly demand that it be changed?

That was pretty funny to me as an observer, so my sense of humor seems to be working.

Your emotion detection circuits seem to be playing up again. If I'd felt that strongly about it I could have always created a new mixtape edition myself. As it was I put the idea out there to see how receptive people would be to changing a boring one (as I felt we already had several mix tape games too many), then spent several pages half-heartedly defending the idea against set-in-their-ways-types like yourself too pussy to sit through ten+ tracks of blistering extremity.

What's actually amusing here is that my suggestion we reform an existing mixtape game instead of creating a new one actually led to the creation of three more mixtape games :tickled:.

I'm also not going to be posting much from tomorrow as I won't have access to a computer, so I don't particularly give a shit either way.

You sound like a big baby whining about traditional metal. It's obvious that I've touched a nerve since I suddenly became part of the opposition in an argument that I didn't even take part in.

I always love it when someone makes a long post that ends with anyway I don't care.

I guess it would be groundless if I were wrong about not being near a computer. For all I care insofar as it affects me, your mixtape games as of tomorrow can be 100% Christianity themed retro trad.

My suggestion of a genuinely extreme mix tape game was made purely out of a selfless desire for your musical betterment. :thumbsup:

Christianity themed retro trad.

That would be awesome. However, I'm in the games to hear bands of all subgenres that I don't yet know. Like I said, if you just wanna hear extreme metal, literally browse through your collection and listen to something.

My suggestion of a genuinely extreme mix tape game was made purely out of a selfless desire for your musical betterment.

I doubt you could ever provide that, you meh over classic Iron Maiden and cream over Anklecock. But I appreciate all efforts on my behalf.

That's like me putting the well being of a baby into the hands of an anti-vac.

:D

Like I said, if you just wanna hear extreme metal, literally browse through your collection and listen to something.

I want new extreme metal is the point. In hope of finding some, one can imagne my disappointment when I eagerly turn to the mixtape playlists only to find Destroyer 666 and a bunch of sucky trad and progressive outfits I've mostly heard of already.

you meh over classic Iron Maiden and cream over Anklecock

I don't mind Iron Maiden, but their melodies are big and obvious and sing-along in a way that brings back vague memories of pre-school. They're basically toddler metal.

As to Akercocke, don't I remember you posting a link to Voices in one of these threads some time ago? Voices was a lower quality project of some of Akercocke's members after the band broke up... not bad, but not on the same level. Check out Summon the Antichrist off of Akercocke's most recent album and tell me with a straight face that it doesn't wipe the floor with Iron Maiden.

The best part is that you made a post while I was reading the topic that was essentially the long form of what I said to mock you, except you were being serious.

They're basically toddler metal.

Idiotic opinion. Sorry but it's true, your positive or negative memory association with the band has nothing to do with the band's quality.

I certainly don't think anything Anuscockerel has done or will ever do will wipe the floor with Iron Maiden, strictly speaking anything they did up to Somewhere In Time.

I started out almost exclusively as a death metal fanatic so I'm quite familiar with them. No thanks I'll take classic Iron Maiden any day.

imagne my disappointment

I share it. I too want to ear new stuff, fine not every submission can be a total surprise, but we can avoid Slayer and Saint Vitus at the very least.

Idiotic opinion. Sorry but it's true, your positive or negative memory association with the band has nothing to do with the band's quality.

I wasn't actually a cool enough toddler to listen to Iron Maiden at the time. Nevertheless Iron Maiden does share certain attributes in common with children's music (simple melodies, sing along sections, digestible visually oriented lyrics). Eddy also looks like an evil zombie as envisioned by Walt Disney, and their stage show involves massive puppets and punch and judy style antics.

I share it. I too want to ear new stuff, fine not every submission can be a total surprise, but we can avoid Slayer and Saint Vitus at the very least.

Hmm... how about a mixtape game in which artists with a certain number of last fm followers (as a measure of popularity/likelihood to be known by everyone else) are banned?

I wasn't actually a cool enough toddler to listen to Iron Maiden at the time. Nevertheless Iron Maiden does share certain attributes in common with children's music (simple melodies, sing along sections, digestible visually oriented lyrics). Eddy also looks like an evil zombie as envisioned by Walt Disney, and their stage show involves massive puppets and punch and judy style antics.

Did your brain Brexit too or some shit? :lol:

Hmm... how about a mixtape game in which artists with a certain number of last fm followers (as a measure of popularity/likelihood to be known by everyone else) are banned?

That seems clusterfucky, but you might be onto something. Perhaps no submissions by bands submitted before or maybe better, no songs off albums submitted before.