GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 1976

The next round will be the last round chosen by us and it will be set in the 1990's, choose!

Votes: 4 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Clearly Pretty Woman is going to win.

i am actually curious about how all the various sequels and threequels and fivequels are gonna fare this time, seems like it was a banner year for that shit: the godfather III, predator 2, the exorcist III, die hard 2, back to the future III, gremlins 2, robocop 2, rocky V, child's play 2 and, of course, troll 2.

i am actually curious about how all the various sequels and threequels and fivequels are gonna fare this time, seems like it was a banner year for that shit: the godfather III, predator 2, the exorcist III, die hard 2, back to the future III, gremlins 2, robocop 2, rocky V, child's play 2 and, of course, troll 2.

Ha Troll 2 is on my watchlist, good reason for me to organise a boozy bad movie night.

Godfather 3 is seriously under-rated though, will be in my list for sure.

i would unironically recommend troll 2 to everyone here, and consider the bad movie tag pretty misguided in this case. one of my acquaintances on another site said it best: "Ok, first off the worst-movie-ever-made reputation is stupid and most of the fanbase just isn't 'getting it'. Anyone who has had years of sifting through bargain basement DVDs and watching hours of pure dreck knows that Troll 2 is something special. Well-paced, lovingly filmed trash completely lost in its own warped little world with dialogue and performances you wouldn't find in ANY other movie. Don't confuse its surreal Italian flavour with simple 'badness'. This is next level."

Troll 2 is legitimately great. No lie, when I first discovered it I would rent it, return the tape and then rent it out again. I did this until the lady at the video store said "Why don't you just buy it?" From a technical filmmaking standpoint, it's objectively good. I can't really find fault in the direction. It's everything else that makes it special. The first-time actors and their delivery, the fact that the screenwriter intended it to be a criticism of pretentious vegetarians, the look of the goblin's (by the legendary Black Emmanuelle Laura Gemser!), ect… Call it a misfire if you must but more than anything it's sincere. And the soundtrack is fucking slamming.

amen.

sorry to hijack the wrong thread for 1990 talk, but has anyone seen this?:
B01BPDG180_1400x.jpg

first paragraph of a review i just read:
"There's a scene near the beginning of the film when a man goes to visit a prostitute. He is nude save for a propeller hat on his head. The sex worker strips and brandishes a whip. The man pulls a large dildo out of his bag. The sex worker cracks her whip at the dildo, ensnaring it like Indiana Jones would. She flicks her wrist and the dildo flies perfectly from the man's hand into hers. He bends over; she inserts it to the sound of a plane divebombing; the propellor inexplicably begins turning. Some seconds later, she removes the dildo with an cartoonish pop noise and the man winces in relief(?). What the fuck is this scene about? What does it mean? Why is it in the film at all?"

:lol:

Somewhat surprised I was the only one to list (or even mention) In the Realm of the Senses. Has anybody else seen it or just not very impressed? Genuinely curious.