• 1950's

• 1960's

• 1970's

• 1980's

• 1990's

• 2000's

• 2010's

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah, i was familiar with the title and know its very respected in the Armenian community but i had no clue that it was this popular or widely respected. Interesting fact, the Pomegranate is one of Armenias national fruits(the other being the P. armeniaca aka the Apricot) and has been used a lot in classic Armenian art, mythology, movies, literature, etc. A very symbolic fruit.

i have this one super old rug that has a pomegranate design. I'll try and get a pic later

Reactions: CiG
Somehow I never knew Armenia was under Soviet control at one point, I already learned so many things just Googling that movie haha. By the way I love pomegranate and apricot. Is it true that the apricot is also known as the Armenian plum? Feel like I heard that somewhere.

havent heard anyone call it that, but plums are another fruit that we love lol. And man the fruits out there taste infinitely better than the shitty roided ones grown out here. That is the first thing most people who come out here complain about ... the fruits, vegetables, and especially meats and how everything here just tastes like shit in comparison.

And yeah, Armenia(one of the first countries in the soviet union) was a part of the USSR until it dissolved in '91.

Learn something new every day.

On a smaller scale I experienced that difference in produce when I moved between the country and the suburbs growing up. It has even ruined certain fruit for me like mandarins because my grandmother used to have a few mandarin trees and they were amazing, and the shit they sell at the supermarket are sad dried up piles of shit. Pretty much the same with the oranges too.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
1. Night of the Living Dead
2. The Devil Rides Out
3. Rosemary’s Baby
4. Kuroneko
5. Witchfinder General
6. La morte ha fatto l’uovo
7. Twisted Nerve
8. Trilogia de Terror
9. Dracula Has Risen From the Grave
10. Kill!

A bunch of schlock really, but I won’t pretend I can stand stuff like 2001. I also hate the PotA films. Not sure why really. Maybe I’ll add some gifs and quick shit about these sometime later.

Watershed year.

1. Succubus (Jess Franco)
2. Goto, Island of Love (Walerian Borowczyk)
3. The Rape of the Vampire (Jean Rollin)
4. Doctor Glas (Mai Zetterling)
5. Justine (Jess Franco)
6. The Birthday Party (William Friedkin)
7. Fando y Lis (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
8. A Gun for 100 Graves (Umberto Lenzi)
9. The Man Who Lies (Alain Robbe-Grillet)
10. The Deserter and the Nomads (Juraj Jakubisko)

Night of the Living Dead
Hour of the Wolf
Rosemary's Baby
La Prisonnière (Woman in Chains)
Death Laid an Egg
Danger: Diabolik
Spirits of the Dead
A Quiet Place in the Country
Seeds

Have any of you guys seen it?

Oh and here's the Colour of My Pomegranate Rug ...
xwNtiaZ.jpg

iDkMG3E.jpg

HRB5Kqa.jpg

1. Planet of the Apes
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. The Party
4. Witchfinder General
5. Twisted Nerve
6. Night of the Living Dead
7. Confessions of a Psycho Cat
8. Bullitt
9. Rosemary's Baby
10. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Decided to watch Twisted Nerve. Must be a bit of an anomalous year, as compared to '76 where I'd initially seen fewer films and then watched a bunch to avoid listing several I didn't care for.

When I rolled 1968 I was pretty sure Once Upon a Time in the West would be making the final list, and probably even the upper 5. Boy was I wrong if the game keeps trending this way. [angrily plays harmonica]

leone didn't make traditional westerns tbf, if you don't like him you should try some john ford or something before giving up on the genre outright.

and yeah i figured there'd be a three-way battle for top spot here between leone, kubrick and romero.

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Once Upon A Time in the West
3. The Great Silence
4. Dark of the Sun ( The Mercenaries)
5. Night of the Living Dead
6. Bullitt
7. Hang 'Em High
8. Witchfinder General
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey
10. Where Eagles Dare

Maybe change some stuff if i think of anything else. Voted for 90's in the poll.

Last edited:
Actually the number one thing likely to make a film great for me is entertaining dialogue. Number two is probably amusing/absurd or fantastic spectacles, but more the former.

Once Upon a Time in the West is not only one of the greatest westerns ever, it's one of the greatest movies full stop. Stop being a wet blanket.
I just thought someone might have something to say about it that perked my interest. I mean sure, it's up there on the RYM chart. There are some films up there I think are fantastic, but also some I thought were 'ok' and some I'm pretty damn indifferent to. What a bastard for not having taste within a fraction of a deviation from the film in-crowd hivemind. ;)

Actually the number one thing likely to make a film great for me is entertaining dialogue. Number two is probably amusing/absurd or fantastic spectacles, but more the former.

I just thought someone might have something to say about it that perked my interest. I mean sure, it's up there on the RYM chart. There are some films up there I think are fantastic, but also some I thought were 'ok' and some I'm pretty damn indifferent to. What a bastard for not having taste within a fraction of a deviation from the film in-crowd hivemind. ;)

I don't have an issue with someone not liking something highly regarded, but it's pretty lame to be prejudging a legendary movie with such a wide appeal on the basis that it looks "boring" and "it's a western" particularly when I gather you've never seen another Leone movie.

That said, the qualities you seem to value do make me think you would enjoy The Good... more than Once Upon a Time. Leone is not a dialogue-based filmmaker even though he's probably the single biggest influence on Tarantino.