EPIC QUESTIONNAIRE THREAD

I saw a post about them around the time that I joined this site (possibly posted by you) and listened to a few songs. I don't remember what they sound like.

Almost certainly by me then, lol. It's difficult to predict what you'll like Extreme Metal wise, but think progressive death metal with some black metal touches (more black metal on the early albums).

Akercocke is mediocre at best and nowhere near classic Iron Maiden wtf.

If you want a black/death hybrid go and listen to Nox Intenpesta's Damnanus - Dominum if you haven't since it is light years ahead of anything by Akercocke. It does lean on the black metal side, though.

Also stop being a whore and rate the current mixtape before your trip.

Akercocke is mediocre at best and nowhere near classic Iron Maiden wtf.

If you want a black/death hybrid go and listen to Nox Intenpesta's Damnanus - Dominum if you haven't since it is light years ahead of anything by Akercocke. It does lean on the black metal side, though.

Also stop being a whore and rate the current mixtape before your trip.

I'll give it a listen, but Akercocke seems to be seriously underrated around here so I don't expect it will be better. If it's half as good that's still worth a look in, though.

And yeah I'll try to rate that list, but there's stuff I need to sort out so no promises. Right now I'm trying to whittle down my entire music library to fit on my 7gb ipod :(.

I'll give it a listen, but Akercocke seems to be seriously underrated around here so I don't expect it will be better. If it's half as good that's still worth a look in, though.

You might like this as well. It doesn't do anything new but its atmosphere is so convincing that I don't care. I also discovered it in one of the mixtape playlists (H.P Lovecraft theme).

I've been looking for good black/death hybrids myself lately as they are 2 of my favourite genres. I should start a thread in the recommendation sub forum.

Neither of those bands sound anything like Akercocke :p. The first one was okay, but they had too many of those Dark Funeral style overdone riffs which are just tremelo picking a minor chord then shifting the chord down one fret and tremelo picking it in the opposite direction (or something like that).

Innsmouth is more to my liking - some straight up old school death with a touch of added melody.

I didn't say they sounded like Akercocke, I said they were black/death metal and are better than Akercocke which I stand by. Can't really recommend anything similar to Akercocke as I don't like them.

Reactions: CiG
Tbh I tend not to like much blackened death metal (particularly not in the Belphegor vein). I think of Akercocke as more of a progressive death metal band, which is a style seldom done well so I'm glad when a band pulls it off.

Behemoth on the other hand...

latest

uh ..l think The goat of Mendes and Choronzon are awesome l haven't heard anything else but..
and early Behemoth..when it was early shit Behemoth was ok
Innsmouth is BM riffs done in a boring DM way...and not so good riffs either