...Ever cried to Opeth?

Saphira said:
Once I was listening to Still Life by myself, and you guys all know the concept of it so I wont explain it like a broken record. Anyway, it was going through my head like a journey, with each song and the lyrics. Its weird and hard to explain, but im sure we've all been inlove before and it's just so sad coming towards the end of the album. In White Cluster when he was about to be hung I could picture him looking through the crowd and seeing Melinda, and for that one moment he was content again. Then he was hung.. and the soft acoustic bit at the end is their reunion. I shed a couple of tears..

Its sad, it's complicated, its beautiful. Its Opeth. :worship:
you are so cute!!!!!

well, here's a serious answer for a change... I personally don't really get all choked up over the lyrics to a song... But sometimes when I'm jamming out with a band, ripping the notes out from my axe, just fucking wailing them out, I get those goosebumps, that rush, fuck, I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels, right... you almost feel... super pissed off!!! but not really... well, let's just leave it at that.
Chics can cry to opeth though.... i find that adorable, like an injured puppy whimpering because it stepped on a thorn and hurt it's paw. awwwww!!! :yell: you just want to come up to it and pet it, saying something like... ummm... awwwwww!!! :yell: or whatever... That thing emo chic said at the beginning of the thread was really cute though, it shows how caring she can be, hell i bet she'd run right up to that guy and give him a big wet one, and make sweet love to his corpse all night, because death is no match for true love baby! yeah!!! :puke:

anyway, dudes should spend less time crying to opeth and more time breaking stuff or something... bah! and fuck all of your cats...

Is this honestly a thead?
I didn't even cry to Mozarts Requiem.
Crying out of the blue is mental instability. You're allowed, but if you're allowed to cry just because of an Opeth song, I'm allowed to laugh at that.
See a shrink.

I cried to music, but hey,
That was over a girl.
Fuck, I even think it was Saybia.
But then I saw a shrink and now I dance to Damnation *throws flowers*

Oh no, then I just get bored...

well, here's a serious answer for a change... I personally don't really get all choked up over the lyrics to a song... But sometimes when I'm jamming out with a band, ripping the notes out from my axe, just fucking wailing them out, I get those goosebumps, that rush, fuck, I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels, right... you almost feel... super pissed off!!! but not really... well, let's just leave it at that.
Chics can cry to opeth though.... i find that adorable, like an injured puppy whimpering because it stepped on a thorn and hurt it's paw. awwwww!!! you just want to come up to it and pet it, saying something like... ummm... awwwwww!!! or whatever... That thing emo chic said at the beginning of the thread was really cute though, it shows how caring she can be, hell i bet she'd run right up to that guy and give him a big wet one, and make sweet love to his corpse all night, because death is no match for true love baby! yeah!!!

anyway, dudes should spend less time crying to opeth and more time breaking stuff or something... bah! and fuck all of your cats...

I thought you said it was a serious reply... :err:

Saphira said:
Once I was listening to Still Life by myself, and you guys all know the concept of it so I wont explain it like a broken record. Anyway, it was going through my head like a journey, with each song and the lyrics. Its weird and hard to explain, but im sure we've all been inlove before and it's just so sad coming towards the end of the album. In White Cluster when he was about to be hung I could picture him looking through the crowd and seeing Melinda, and for that one moment he was content again. Then he was hung.. and the soft acoustic bit at the end is their reunion. I shed a couple of tears..

Its sad, it's complicated, its beautiful. Its Opeth. :worship:

Hahaha. Yeah Right! We all know you were listening to Elton John... you pussy! :lol:

MetalManCPA said:
First time I saw The Drapery Falls live - being my favorite song (since replaced by GoP) the emotion of seeing it live and played flawlessly brought chills down my spine and the welled up eye feeling

I had the exact same experience at the Opeth gig in Malmoe - it totally overwelmed me......

Sometimes I get into deep/emotional thoughts while listening to Opeth's pre-Ghost Reveries material. But if I'm ever listening to Ghost Reveries, the majority of the songs don't really get me into a deep thought or anything. I just enjoy it on a different level.

MasterOLightning said:
In My Time of Need is a pretty sad song, but I don't think I've cried.

Agalloch - As Embers Dress the Sky. Now that's a song that will make you cry.

Speaking of which, anyone else hear the Orion rip off toward the end of this song....

^ Yeah, that riff is very similar. Neat that someone else noticed. It even fades out the same in both songs. So much for the Aggalloch, Opeth type bands being unique.

I've never cried to an opeth song but i guess i could if i really made an effort in getting into the music sometime, lying in a dark room or something...
I know i cried when i went to a Metallica concert, it was just too fucking great, but opeth is so much better so it should make it easier, Opeth has taken metallicas part in my heart...

Opeth has taken metallicas part in my heart...

As cheesy as that sounds, I totally agree. Furthermore, Opeth has made me realize how much Metallica fooled me into believing they were still writing good music after Justice.

By the way - on the thread topic - I occasionally get choked up during certain Opeth songs. Never been one to bawl, but Godhead's Lament and Moonlapse Vertigo (okay - the whole damn album) make me close my eyes and just fade away sometimes (hopefully not when I'm driving).