Ever cried to opeth?

Jerkface said:
Ya know, to be perfectly honest with you, if you cry while listening to Opeth, you have some SERIOUS problems.

I do have some serious problems. What's your point?

i'v cried to opeth ALOT of times. maybe it's because i always listen to Opeth (and other bands) when im so moody and sad. and somehow i can relate many lyrics with my life.. and i can also cry because of hapiness,like some people told above, sometimes the song feels so good that it also makes me cry.lol.

and the songs&lyrics screws me and make me cry mostly,

the ending of April Ethereal ( The rain was waving gooodbyee... )
of course ending of Demon Of The Fall
clean parts of Bleak
Credence&To Bid You Farewell, indeed
Epilogue (especially the ending)
In The Mist She Was Standing
and definitely Dirge For November

For a while I got nosebleeds alot. I was listening to Dirge for November, and I was really getting into it. Just as the growls kicked in, I got one hell of a nosebleed. It was such a powerful moment that I cried.

I cried once, during epilogue. I was having a really bad day, school had gone totally bad, I had got owned in baseball that day, and had a really bad neck injury, so I was sitting around, waiting for my ride, and had my opeth mini disc on random, and epilogue came up, and I just broke down. I was just dealing with alot of shit then, and epilogue is just a powerful instrumental, just the way the guitar wails and all.

Opeth songs are so beautiful, I could cry to them, but then again, I'd be crying alot everyday.

hmm not sure.. i might have..

i have cried to other music, though..

i was in a music class for seven years. (music classes are classes where people sing a lot and study lots of music) anyway music classes hold a concert ever christmas and spring, and esp the christmas ones are very emotional. i remember at least two times when i had tears in my eyes cause we just sounded so beautiful..
i also used to play in an orchestra, and i've had tears in my eyes cause of that too.. i just love it when something sounds very beautiful and i'm a part of that something

aahh i miss those times :cry:

Misanthrope said:
I was having some troubles the other day, sentimental ones
and i was listening to demon of the fall at the climax when the clean voice starts and just broke down to tears like a baby cause i felt it was closely related to what i was going trough ( it wasnt but at the time it looked like it ). This is the first time a song has such a strong effect...so powerfull so sentimental....
Any of you experienced something this intense while listening to Opeth?

Yes, If I'm sad I always listen to opeth and somethimes I just crie...
It helps me to forget the bad things around me for a while...

i've only cried with a crap power metal bands cos they're hilariously funny, so much in fact that they bring me to tears...

Emotion, it overwhelms me during all of Opeth's music. Nevermind where I may be, a tear may run down from my eyes or goosebumps erupt on my arms. Opeth is reality.

i guess To Bid You Farewell has been a metal moment for many of us.
I am amazed that this thread has lasted. I think it says something about us all; even that fascist who I see now is banned. Long live your tears and relections on music, Opeth or whatever. These threads keep our community alive.
Tears of joy still nearly come at the acoustic metal transition of Blackwater Park. Am I the only one who thinks that riff is just brilliant.

Of course their are others...........

i remember breaking down to face of melinda when my girlfriend broke up with me. and i also got real emotional to anathema - one last good bye

Damn right I have! So much emotion in Opeth..

Tears of happiness when listening to the Blackwater Park album.. and tears of sadness when listening to "To Bid You Farewell"