Evergrey- Monday Morning Apocalypse (review/spoilers inside)

I was trying to make a point..if that is what you understand from my message I have nothing else to say to you

EternalMetal said:
I hear that you gotta purchase a cd in order to meet them and get their autograph. Mikael heard about this, and was outraged, he knew nothing about it and thought it was rediculous.

I don't know about recently, but I hung out with them twice when they came to AZ, and seemed to be genuinely friendly people. At the Blackest of the Black a few years ago, Mendez and Lopez were just hangin around on the lawn for most of the show, just bullshitting... Nile were on that also, and they were the same way. Karl and Dallas were just awesomely nice guys. Talked to Karl for most of the show, he's a really nice dude...

Harvester said:
Ok, let's get something out of the way first before I post my thoughts. I am an Evergrey fanboy. They are my favorite band in the world (ok..behind Buffett). I have enjoyed every single Evergrey disc to date, some more than others. I'm also the promoter of a show in which I booked them as a headliner and I want to sell tickets. There is no way that I can remain purely objective based on all of that. However I make NO apology for it either. etc etc etc
quote]

After hearing the entire album finally (and listening to it over and over again)... I agree completely with your sentiments. This album does seem to have more of a "commercial appeal"... but I think there needs to be a distinction made between this and "selling out". Anyone who would call such an intense and emotionally charged album a "sellout" is simply beyond the pale and unwilling to step outside of his/her comfort zone.

I think "I Should" might be their most emotionally devastating track to date.

Evergrey – Monday Morning Apocalypse, InsideOut Music
This is the sound of a band with confidence. The growth between early Evergrey albums and Monday Morning Apocalypse rivals the growth that has occurred between early Labyrinth and that band’s brilliant Freeman opus from last year. Both albums are bold expressions of natural growth. That’s the only way to describe Monday Morning Apocalypse. Evergrey has thrown a curveball with this album, as it displays a growth and maturity that may take some by surprise. It may turn off fans of the band’s more progressive leanings, but the stripped-down, more basic approach is a welcome change. There is a palpable sense of pain, laughter, sorrow and inspiration coursing through this album. All of which make for a hell of a ride. If you were never a fan, now would be a time to get onboard, ‘cause this is stirring, passionate and emotional stuff. KKKKKK. (Dale Lammers)

MMA is just another masterpiece.Welldone!Album is a more commercial,but who cares.Fantastic songs with great lyrics-still Evergrey!

I bought the album this week (+ shirt in XXL, they didn't have any smaller ones). My first impression was that there are no songs that give me the shivers as for example A Touch of Blessing did immediately, but after having listened it a few times I have to conclude that it will definitely end up high in my top 10 of 2006-albums :headbang: