Evilist sounding opeth song?

Savoy Truffle said:
I would say Dirge for November. Hell of a song BTW!

Yeh i'd actually agree.. most definitely the verse is very evil sounding.. and the riff just before the 2nd verse.. the kinda droney riff.. man.. just makes me remember how much i love that song.. theres a chordal part thats one of my fave opeth parts ever.

Serenity Painted Death is kinda.. not evil, but possibly one of the most disturbing .. probably not the word i'm looking for.. well.. Melinda's killed, and he fights the council of the cross but loses.. so it's kinda.. a downer.

Mikael on To Rid The Disease - "Just because a song is mellow doesn't mean it can't be evil, can it?" .. or along those lines..

Bleak has some extremely dissonant bits but i wouldn't exactly call it evil.. very hypnotic and atmospheric though.

yeah thats a good choice, especially the guitar lines that lead up to the acoustic part!

aestusmaris@hotmail.com said:
Speaking of evil, any proficient growlers out there know any good techniques to growl like satan's love child? I've tried a few times and I cough like a bastard, perhaps its the death sticks. Any suggestions? Mikael?? Being able to growl would be great, anyone start any shit with you, just give em a guttural from the ass up

you need to be able to do it to begin with, practice always helps, i don't see it as a defensive tool though. o_O

I just realized that I can't remember how Wreath goes at all...I always skip it for some reason.

as far as the most evil song goes? hmmmmm, Id on't know....depends on what you consider evil. I don't find any opeth songs particularily evil. they are just awesome.