Ewards Laiho Guitar

I got mine from japan but then I had it customized over here and it looks suhhh-weet now :headbang:
IMG_1079.jpg
(sorry for the SUPER glare pic, Its kind of hard to notice the yellow bevels which are identical to the same Yellow bevels Alexi had on his earlier Jackson) Now I hope you dont go thinking im another poser super Alexi Fanboy I just really loved the yellow on black Rhoads look he had in his old jacksons. But im not gonna deny I love COB and Alexi has influenced my playing somewhat :lol: Also notice the ESP custom logo at the top :lol: and I replaced the 2 EMG's for a pair of seymour Duncan JB and Jazz pickups (IMO wayyy better pickups) Overall its a VERY AWESOME guitar, plays/feels/sounds just like any other high top custom ESP without eating your wallet. :kickass:

humm i maby wanna buy the Jackson RR24 (the Black one with the Yellow Bevels) and the Shark tooth inlay you know the one that likes the most to the Alexi Wildchild and than i m going to Replace the Hardware to Gold and my friend can print an Wildchild sticker :D than i have my one RR24 Alexi Sig :p

and if i know what Bridge Pickup the original Alexi jackson Wildchild had i m going to buy that pickup to :D than i have the Same guitar :D

but first i m going to buy the Edwards Scythe Alexi Sig

It isn't hard to order it from Japan. :D I ordered mine from ebay. If you order it from a store, you have to wait about 4 months.. That kinda sucks.

@sir Royal Eddie: Is that the Edwards E-RV-138? I wanted to buy the white one, but then I chose the Alexi Sig, because of the inlays and the paint :lol: Dots are kinda boring :p

@Fastbodom: You would have to waist your money to make the RR24 to a Wildchild guitar :D Because swapping the hardware is pretty expensive, more than 200€.. If you do that by yourself :p If your dealer would do that you could ask him if he could keep the old hardware, maybe that wouldn't be so expensive anymore. :D

See, thats the issue i have been dealing with, I wanted the really expensive ESP Laiho guitar but this edwards has everything the same. I just cant trust the fact that they can sell a guitar for a couple thousand dollars cheaper and have it not be that much different.

For anyone who has one, is there anything wrong or would there be any issues coming up with the guitar that would concern you?(playing live, at home etc.) and what would you rate this gutar (1-10) in comparison to some Jackson RR that u can get for like half the price?

Well, I didn't ever play a ESP RV, but I'm going to visit someone, he has some awesome axes :D But he says that there are worlds apart.. like.. you know, the quality/playability/etc.

I would rate my Edwards.. 10/10.. because.. she looks just awesome, playability is awesome, sound is awesome, everything is awesome.. :p :D

i might actually consider getting an edwards at some point because according to this site http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.php?state=1&cate=1&s_cate=1&brand=57

you can get the scythe alexi ewards for only about 782 US dollars which is a great deal for a guitar like that and after shipping or something, it would probably still come out to be less than a thousands. i don't know if they will ship it though because of legal problems or something though. if not i might try to get an mmv because those are pretty good and cheap too.

@sir Royal Eddie: Is that the Edwards E-RV-138? I wanted to buy the white one, but then I chose the Alexi Sig, because of the inlays and the paint :lol: Dots are kinda boring :p

Ha yeah its the E-RV-138 and I too agree dots can be boring...eh. I rather have some sweet buzz saw GLOW IN THE DARK inlays or something ha but Inlays are the least thing I really care about in looks on a guitar. It still plays wonderful though!!! :oops:

Cool. :) One more thing I don't like is the painted neck..

I love Scythe inlays, btw.. :D
Ah, as I m'boy. I like them unfinished necks as well like on the EVH guitars or other models of Alexi's guitar. BUT I found an alternate way of making a gloss neck (like the one I have so on my ESP/Edwards) and making it just as smooth if not even SMOOTHER haha, than any unfinished maple neck. All you do is take some #0000 steel wool and rub the back of the neck real hard unto it looks a little foggy, this means you have takin' off the first coat of gloss which is what many people refer to as the "sticky" part of a gloss/painted neck. After that you just wipe it down with any guitar cloth and "WAZOO" Your gloss neck feels like some super custom shop 5,000.00 neck that built for some ultimate shredding and speed runs. It's a very helpful technique :Smug:

Also: I hope you know the Scythe V (white Alexi model) does have a painted/gloss neck.

It isn't hard to order it from Japan. :D I ordered mine from ebay. If you order it from a store, you have to wait about 4 months.. That kinda sucks.

@Fastbodom: You would have to waist your money to make the RR24 to a Wildchild guitar :D Because swapping the hardware is pretty expensive, more than 200€.. If you do that by yourself :p If your dealer would do that you could ask him if he could keep the old hardware, maybe that wouldn't be so expensive anymore. :D
lol well i think first the Alexi Scythe Edwards than the RR24 and the Gold Hardware is not so Expansive here in the Netherlands and i can replace it by my self :):Smokin:

oh man^^ im looking also for a new guitar.. atm im playing an 2002 jackson explorer with a floyd rose tremolo and everything..its a nice guitar but i prefer the flying V, a jackson one or the edwards laiho.. The interesting thing with the edwards is the cheapness.. But im not sure what to buy ^^

jackson explorer thats like my dream guitar kickass shape

@sir Royal Eddie: I wouldn't do that by myself.. I know I would break something :lol: And yeah, I know that the Edwards Scythe has painted neck. :)

@Fastbodom: Are you sure that it isn't expensive? I mean, you won't get a Original Floyd Rose in Gold for 140€ :D I think the price is everywhere nearly the same.. :)

I need another guitar now, because I'm in a new band, since yesterday :lol: I need money, too.. Hopefully my next amp is going to be a Engl Screamer :heh: :D

That RR24 is pretty sweet looking though I think the black hardware makes it look a bit boring and I would prefer the Jackson logo on the headstock in white instead of yellow.