Expectations/Anticipations for 2003?

Soilent Goat

May 26, 2002
2002 was a hell of a year for metal..Is there anyone here who has any anticipations for '03 or any good/bad expectations? I, personally, worry because most of my absolutely favorite bands released albums in 2002..those being Hate Eternal, Origin, Impaled, Cephalic Carnage, Nile, Napalm Death and quite a few others...Your thoughts?

fuck yes this thread rules, suffocation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, CoB, Meshuggah possibly?, Crown, Carnal Forge, maybe some new Testament material will surface and a tour, Cryptopsy Live Album and DVD, New Grave (already have it :D )

and hopefully please someone let Pantera get off this hiatus/breakup-thing they are on :( :( :( :(

Opeth - "Damnation" - can't wait!
new Anathema, new My Dying Bride, new Summoning (please hurry guys!), (maybe) new Samael, and a lot of doomy stuff...

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
2002 was a hell of a year for metal..Is there anyone here who has any anticipations for '03 or any good/bad expectations? I, personally, worry because most of my absolutely favorite bands released albums in 2002..those being Hate Eternal, Origin, Impaled, Cephalic Carnage, Nile, Napalm Death and quite a few others...Your thoughts?

Hell of a year? I had a hard time combining a list of top ten fave releases of last year. Quite sucky. And 2003 doesn't look that mcuh better.

TTTYYYYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEE OOOOOOO NNNEEEEEEEGGGAAAAATTTIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEEEEEE

OOOOPPPEEETTTHHH (To a lesser extent than Type O, although Opeth is one of my favorite bands!)

nice! type is killer, World Coming Down was great because it took the elements of older type o and combined them with october bust

my faves are origin of the feces and slow deep and hard

Originally posted by MacMoney
Hell of a year? I had a hard time combining a list of top ten fave releases of last year. Quite sucky. And 2003 doesn't look that mcuh better.

MacMoney, no offense, but only uber-elitists like yourself think 2002 was a bad year. The rest of us idiots are well aware that 2002 was a BANNER year for metal, worldwide.

As for 2003, I'm looking forward to:
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Opeth's 'Damnation'
Bathory's 2nd 'Nordland' album
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Edguy
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Aborym
Carpathian Forest
Darkthrone
Marduk
Naglfar
Old Man's Child
Solefald
Blood Red Throne
Anthrax
The Haunted
Skyfire
Eidolon
Elvenking
Enslaved
Ensiferum
Kamelot
Nevermore
Stratovarius
Evergrey
Negura Bunget
Forlorn

And probably many more I've forgotten.

I hope 2003 is another strong for metal. I'm looking forward too

Iron Maiden
Overkill
Anthrax
Death Angel
My Dying Bride
Exodus
Opeth
Plus many more thrash bands to reform and put out some good new material.

I'm looking forward to albums by these bands in 2003:

The Haunted
Opeth
Nasum
Cryptopsy (Live)
Krisiun
Ween
Nuclear Rabbit
Testament
The Crown

Crap.Mind block.I know there are more but I cant think.

Yes, you guys are sparking my thirst for new metal in the new year..Misery Index DEFINITELY, Amon Amarth rules, also new Dying Fetus..and for anyone bitching about 2002..please..fucking spare us who enjoyed ourselves..for the love of God..with releases like Origin - I,I,I, Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance, and Impaled - Mondo Medicale how in the hell could it go wrong?

-Iron Maiden (I hope they take their time,Brave New World was clearly rushed)

-Voivod/The Multiverse (the three songs from The Multiverse that I have heard were good,need more!)

-Deceased/As The Weird Travel On (King's told several times that this will be even more wacked out than Blueprints,really anxious to hear them without King behind the drumkit and concentrating on vocals)