Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Agnosticism

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Atheism

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 9.0%

• Total voters
lol how could you possibly think this. just replace the word "bible" with "koran" and it's an equally valid argument for islam, or any other religion with an ancient holy book

Actually, the qur'an is more-so a "book of guidance" and doesn't narrate historical events as often as the bible does, and rather refers to historical events as examples of moral significance.

If you are going to talk about science and try to explain things scientifically, at least get your facts straight.

Funny enough, you revealed yourself with this:

people think as if islam has a policy on what to do with semitism or infidelity.

...And I'm calling the bullshit flag. You see, it is not my words that destroy belief, but your own. I'm sorry.

As to the rest, I consider your judgment impaired. You have not taken it seriously to know it in completion, but if you did then I have to scoff because of the balls it takes to deny such an observation.

Tell you what. Apply these rules to your life as an experiment for a week, and see the chaos erupt.

- Next time you don't want to do something, any time in the week, just do it. Forget the second guesses, just do it. You go to the store and think of running, just do it rather than set it aside.

- When you hear things, believe them immediately, but know that it is a 2 stage process. With knowledge, you can have faith in that truth. With faith alone, we have blind error erupting from people caught in the act. Catch them in the act, and believe them knowing the entire truth will show up.

- Whenever you feel weak, just think back to Palpatine in Star Wars III when he screams "UNLIMITED POWER!!" and believe it knowing wisdom will occur.

There's lots of things you can do to your life that can directly influence your environment. Thought can only be processed through action, so the more you blend colors together, or rather change the color of your thoughts, the more unique the result of that equation.

You should try it.

You'd better hurry the fuck up and give us some good arguments, because you are losing all credibility right now.

And what if I don't? What are you gonna do if I leave you hangin? Technically I should leave it as it is so you can get reading, but rather than bore you, I WILL respond to any question you wish. I will draw wisdom for you.

Thus far, I find myself at a loss of where to start. I will await your suggestion.

Expand what you know about Islam's policy on anti-semitism and infidelity.

I was making a statement of what I felt at the time. To be honest I was just racking my brain when I said it, but since it came out I will defend it.

I believe that religious war is a coming. I think the farmers are coming to stir up a hornets nest. It doesn't matter what you believe, those who DO believe will find themselves at a loss with the truth when it is revealed. Do they continue hope? Do they fight this arrogance and lies?

Ask yourself "What exactly DOES it take to do such a thing? What connections can I make here, for error or for truth?" and the answers come naturally.

i'd like to think chemistry and physics have advanced since Empedocles

I've never read his work. But if he writes in similar fashion then perhaps we have literally regressed to a lower extent of science. I believe, as no doubt this Empedocles would believe, that science today describes what can best be compared to the circuit functions of nature. An Assembly Mnemonic is the digital representation of the corresponding impulses, but they're 2 different concepts altogether.

Compare and extrapolate.

Water. Earth. Wind. Fire. Great, you call yourself Christian yet try to explain God with notions that have been the domain of paganism and furthermore are far outdated.

Earth is no element: It's a heterogenous mix of many elements and takes many forms.
Water is no element. H2O itself isn't. It's a molecule made of 2 elements.
Wind is no element. It's a mix of different elements and particles in gaseous form upon which a kinetic force is applied.
Fire is no element. It's a visual byproduct of an exotherm chemical reaction.

I'm the golden bull they sculpted at the base of Sinai. No religion describes my beliefs.

Also, see above on those last couple of lines. And I said "Fluid-LIKE", not actual fluid. Actually, every one of those elements, when observed in nature, operate the exact same ways on the same base principles. Ripples, flames, vibrations and wind all generate a frequency that is conducted through their respective origins.

And yes, that observation is moot but interesting nonetheless. Useful to the conversation, perhaps...

What the heck did you mean, Resonator?

I mean it how see it, and though sometimes I write incoherently I try my hardest to stay within extremely literal terms. The way you would normally expect a word to mean is how it means when I say it. And I will watch that video, but tomorrow.

Funny enough, you revealed yourself with this:

...And I'm calling the bullshit flag. You see, it is not my words that destroy belief, but your own. I'm sorry.

As to the rest, I consider your judgment impaired. You have not taken it seriously to know it in completion, but if you did then I have to scoff because of the balls it takes to deny such an observation.

Tell you what. Apply these rules to your life as an experiment for a week, and see the chaos erupt.

- Next time you don't want to do something, any time in the week, just do it. Forget the second guesses, just do it. You go to the store and think of running, just do it rather than set it aside.

- When you hear things, believe them immediately, but know that it is a 2 stage process. With knowledge, you can have faith in that truth. With faith alone, we have blind error erupting from people caught in the act. Catch them in the act, and believe them knowing the entire truth will show up.

- Whenever you feel weak, just think back to Palpatine in Star Wars III when he screams "UNLIMITED POWER!!" and believe it knowing wisdom will occur.

There's lots of things you can do to your life that can directly influence your environment. Thought can only be processed through action, so the more you blend colors together, or rather change the color of your thoughts, the more unique the result of that equation.

You should try it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

what you have just done is a clear example of that.

i am sorry but i do not feel i am on the same level as you to carry on an intelligent conversation. you may think i may be lower, and i may think the opposite, but it doesnt change the fact we will never be able to communicate with such responses. carry on with your nonsense.

And I am the one using the Ad Hominem technique. But yes, I really do think that, and thus far no argument has been made to show otherwise.

Agnostics don't acknowledge that there is no God. And you don't know if they did mental research or anything; I'm quite sure many, many people, atheists, could easily argue with you on the presence of God. Why it is more stupid to believe in no God than the opposite? That's pretty much the agnostic position on this case. "They blind themselves"; is this turning into a war where each position accuse the other side for being blind? As I said, none of them can be proved, so don't ever say that it's stupid. It's not. Both sides can believe in something, fine, but they can't prove that they're talking about something that really exists.

For an atheist its not a point of whether you can prove it doesnt exist, its a point of whether there is a fudamental reason to believe in it in the first place. The concept of a 'god' is simply something which most societies have deemed reasonably acceptable to believe in in some form or another, usually as the result of a cognitive dissonance manifestation resulting from childhood indoctrination throughout continued generations. There is no more reason to believe in a god than there is to believe in a giant pink squirrel floating through space shitting walnuts, or a silent ninja that follows you everywhere you go yet you are too slow to ever catch sight of him. So for now I find it more enthusing to worship a rainbow striped toucan currently orbiting pluto whilst singing "freebird" and giving himself anal pleasure with that dildo he stole from your mother

Christian, because for me, it,(the religion) and God makes sense. Some people argue that what the bible says is not true, but humans have been writing out versions of the bible for years. If what the bible said was not true, over time,(most likely during which the events are taking place), the content in the bible would have been drastically changed, and false literature would be eliminated.

The bible is full of historic fallacy that hasnt been eliminated, and many christians today accept this and just live by it as a book of stories and morals. Also, even while the bible was being constructed there was controversy as to which books to include and which to leave out. For example the book of revelation, many important figures completely rejected (mainly becuase it reads like it was written by someone tripping on shrooms, and there's even some conspiracy-like evidence to suggest it was)

For example the book of revelation, many important figures completely rejected (mainly becuase it reads like it was written by someone tripping on shrooms, and there's even some conspiracy-like evidence to suggest it was)

But that is the best part of the whole book!

^^ Completely true, also don´t forget in no christian country do they stone ppl to death for being homosexuals (thankfully) but it clearly says in the bible its a mortal sin. Another example is a story from the old testament where two sisters get their father drunk and have sex with him cos there´s no other men around, but in most christian societies that´s illegal today.

see, haci, this is what i was talking about. people think as if islam has a policy on what to do with semitism or infidelity.

and who came up with a policy, may i ask? show me a place in the koran where it says what to do.

on the contrary, the koran says at multiple times that belief is directly related to one's conscience and everyone should be left free in their decisions.

Unfortunately this shit throwing contest never ends due to anti-Islam fanatics and Muslim fanatics nurturing each other. And what is more striking is shitmouths who talk about everything without knowing anything. I doubt people here assessing religions so confidently know anything about them besides a few basics.

This Resonator guy, is he too intelligent for us to understand or does he mainly lack common sense to see what is so clearly at hand. Treating earth wind water and fire like that? They are simple compounds of different elements.. Why don't superconductors affect you that much? :S

de_aztec and Arasmas is the same guy right? Dissociative Identity Disorder? One seems kinder lol

The bible is full of historic fallacy that hasnt been eliminated, and many christians today accept this and just live by it as a book of stories and morals. Also, even while the bible was being constructed there was controversy as to which books to include and which to leave out. For example the book of revelation, many important figures completely rejected (mainly becuase it reads like it was written by someone tripping on shrooms, and there's even some conspiracy-like evidence to suggest it was)

I thought every Christian knew that, isn't that so? I mean aren't people aware of historic fallacies?

No I'm not Arasmas wtf. Why are you saying that, because we have the same views? Many people in this world share this belief (or lack of belief, whatever.)

Putting religion aside, faith is bullshit, as Resonator has said. Faith is pretty much following something without reason or empyrical evidence.

No I'm not Arasmas wtf. Why are you saying that, because we have the same views? Many people in this world share this belief (or lack of belief, whatever.)

Putting religion aside, faith is bullshit, as Resonator has said. Faith is pretty much following something without reason or empyrical evidence.

im not sure if everyone here is reading the other person's post before writing. are you sure that resonator said faith is bullshit? honestly sorry, i missed have missed it.

anyways, im surprised that anyone actually takes what he says seriously.

de_aztec, there is so much we do not know, from scientific details to such questions as "what is the meaning of life?" or "will there be a life after death?" that it is hard to bear without forming at least a personal opinion, ie. a belief/faith about the possible answers. The problems only arise when people claim that their personal opinion is the only truth.

i voted "agnosticism" although i'm not exactly sure if i should have chosen "atheism" or even "other".

To sum it up, I believe in the world as a whole.

I believe that the world actually exists independent of me (ie., i am not a solipsists).

If there is a God then the world itself is God. In my definition there can be nothing "supernatural" / "outside of the world" because the world is everything there is. There can only be things out of our sight, but not outside the world. So, for me, the only possible God is the world itself.

I believe in Life and that the meaning of Life is Life itself. No need to seek for anything more.

dwoakee, it is true that life is very complex and many things are unanswered. But, something must drive a belief, something like a fact or experience. It is unreasonable for people to look out into the stars and determine that there must be a god, in the context of modern religions (i'm not talking about your view of god as the world itself.) What is stopping me from one day suddenly thinking, 'today, unicorns exist. no, leprechauns.' Do you see my dilemma? A belief should be backed.

Faith is something that should only exist in trusting relationships, or based upon solid evidence, as Resonator has said.