Falling Asleep/Dreaming to Opeth

I pretty much always fall asleep to music, so I fall asleep to Opeth occasionally. Nothing makes me fall asleep as good as Still Life. (If you don't count anything by Ulver, Wolves in the Throne Room, Anathema, Comus and Jan Johansson that is..)

I don't listen to music when I sleep. But once I had a dream that I was at a entire Megadeth concert. Cant remember the exact setlist (I did at the time) as it was a long time ago. I remember wake up dead clearly:headbang:

Many times I've fallen asleep listening to Ghost Reveries in my bed, in particular with Hours Of Wealth.

The next song usually woke me up XD

I was hearing a song from GR I think and I had a dream about going up all the stairs in a huge building with Mike, racing him to the top and who jumps off the building first and we both jumped and died but he won :[

I had a strange dream this night (as usual). I was in a building in the old town in Stockholm (don't know why.), I was in the bathroom when I heard mike Å on the outside screaming ARE YOU FINISHED YET!!???? Apperantly I were so I opened the door, and Mike Å came in through the door with a portable camping kitchen and can food! He put the portable camping kitchen on a table and started cooking food (I beleive the can food was 'kebab with rice and mushrooms') , and while cooking he was cooking he sang a wonderful variation of the a-ah section in porcleain heart which was so magnificent and godly that I woke up. I can't remember it now though :cry:

(oh, and I listened to The Gallery (the album) by Dark Tranquillity before going to bed.)

I had a strange dream this night (as usual). I was in a building in the old town in Stockholm (don't know why.), I was in the bathroom when I heard mike Å on the outside screaming ARE YOU FINISHED YET!!???? Apperantly I were so I opened the door, and Mike Å came in through the door with a portable camping kitchen and can food! He put the portable camping kitchen on a table and started cooking food (I beleive the can food was 'kebab with rice and mushrooms') , and while cooking he was cooking he sang a wonderful variation of the a-ah section in porcleain heart which was so magnificent and godly that I woke up. I can't remember it now though :cry:

(oh, and I listened to The Gallery (the album) by Dark Tranquillity before going to bed.)

Another interesting topic on dreams, I don't know if anyones heard of Binaural beats. Its basically on stereo headphones you take a tone and play it in one ear and then play an ever so slightly different and off-tune tone in the other ear. Your brain connects the two even though each ear can't hear the other tone and you hear the warble sound you get when two notes are not tuned to the same pitch. There's been studies on it, and theres been some conclusions that it changes the brain wave frequency of your brain as you listen to it. There's tapes out there with these on them that can help people fall asleep, wake up better, or dream or even lucid dream. Often these tapes have nature sounds with them to add atmosphere

I was wondering what it would be like if you put some of these (the dreaming kind) and mixed it with some Opeth songs. I'm not sure if the content of the song would do anything, as its in the pitches that give the effect, but I think it would be an interesting thing to try

WOW!!! THAT STUFFS AMAZING!!!!

I am so glad I saw this thread!!! I had a dream about Mike, and I didn't think anyone would really like to know about it, but other Opeth fans I'm sure would be happy to listen/ read!
(I'll try to shorten it as much as I can, I don't want you guys to die of boredom.) So, I went to a local show, (First Reign, to be exact.) and was waiting for them to get the show started, but then all of a sudden Mike was there! I was really excited to meet him, so I confronted him and we started talking. (best part here was that no one else knew who he was, so I could spend as much time as I wanted asking him questions and discussing music.) But after we had been talking for a while he says "You are perfect for the song! Come here, you can help me." and so then band members from First Reign and Mike and I go onstage and we start playing Harvest! We continue playing a set together, (Harvest, Patterns in the Ivy 2, and finished with In my Time of Need.) and the entire time Mike and I shared a chair and did some ah-mazing duets!!! After the show, I got a hug from the guy, which was pretty cool.
I woke up listening to In my Time of Need. I checked my "last played" and the setlist was the last songs on there! Pretty crazy stuff. To make it clear, I sing, I've been taking voice lessons for a couple of years now, and am starting again in the fall, which may have had something to do with my part of the dream. And the songs we did are my favorites.
Anywho, great thread guys!

hahaaha, no. when we "shared a chair" it was more like I shared the chair.. he sat on my lap! LOL. You were in it btw! You had just missed Mike and were all sad. I forgot about that part!

Dreams are a very fascinating area of the human psychology though. One of the most unexplainable phenomenons of the human mind and they've always piqued my curiosity. Music always seems to strike something in the mind that then triggers thoughts about the subject band and affect one's thought in a time of rest.... I've always found that at times, my dreams are affected by moods and sometimes stress can cause waking up with anxieties and at times claustrophobia to the point where I have to get out of bed for a glass of water to calm my nerves. I haven't exactly had times where I've listened to Opeth specifically and had dreams related to them, but music soothes me and I'd wake in a state of relaxation. Lately I've suffered from insomnia and at times restlessness to the point that I'd go to bed at around midnight, wake at two, go back to sleep at 4, wake again at 7 and be unable to return to sleep. It's during these nights that I feel an odd form of conscience and be aware of what is happening and I'd have an awareness of time passing. I sometimes even become slightly paranoid during sleep and again, wake with anxiety.

I am a strange human being.