Favorite 80's hair metal bands?

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Come on, admit it. You used to listen to them. You may not be proud, but back in the day, the dolled up/glam metal bands from the 80's that we laugh at now were playing in your tape deck just as they were mine. Who were your favorites?

I still listen to the odd Faster Pussycat tune every now and then. I still think Twisted Sister defined the early 80's, and doesn't get the respect that they deserve.

I have a whole love-hate thing with Motley Crue. Currently I'm in hate mode every since they dissed Anthrax with the whole Minimum rock fiasco.

I am embarassed to admit that I do own a Poison album, Slaughter, and a couple of Warrant CD's. My old Def Leppard tapes are also collecting a lot of dust.

:)

What's in your closet?

PANTERA NICE LEG WARMERS PHIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok twisted sister, faster pussycat, poison, motley crue, and loads of sad shit but it was the 80's and i was young and foolish !!!!!

I don't know if I have any "favorites" from this genre, but I did listen to and/or owned albums (actual vinyl) from:

Icon
Whitesnake
Great White
Ratt

and a few other lame ones.

Nowadays, I wonder what I was thinking. Makes me want to :puke:

Originally posted by xarchx
Ok twisted sister, faster pussycat, poison, motley crue, and loads of sad shit but it was the 80's and i was young and foolish !!!!!

Aw, don't use the young and foolish excuse. It may not have stood the test of time, but not all of it was bad. In fact, I'd take most of that shit over the nu-metal and rap-metal that is being spewed out now!

Yeah, Vomit, I forgot about Whitesnake and Great White. I remeber hearing the single for "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" with "Wasted Rock Ranger" as the b-side, so I went and bought the album, which turned out to be pure crap and didn't even contain "Wasted Rock Ranger" on it!

PANTERA NICE LEG WARMERS PHIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Forgot about that...or maybe I tried to repress that memory. :lol:

I remember that days when all my friends where playing "Talk Dirty to Me" Ohhhh, God! I did like Cinderalla(what was I thinking) but that's about it! Oh, and I almost forgot, I thought Motley Crue was the shit! They kinda were back then, at least they were the kings of the hair metal.
My older brother had so many hair metal bands I never had to buy them, but I've heard so many it's kinda funny. I myself was the Satan child in fifth and sixth grade that was listening to Anthrax, Metallica, and Megadeth and then I discovered Slayer by seventh grade. My brother use to give me shit to no end(ofcourse he did being the older brother), saying "all you listen to is that Death shit, Rape your mother, kill your father!" And ofcourse I would respond with "and all you listen to is that I f$#ked this bitch, and drank this booze music!" Funny times, my brother now listens to Tool, old school Metallica, and Hip Hop. Times change, they do indeed!

Cheerz!

Loved'em through the 80's...their live shows were great, especially Tommy's drum solos.

Didn't like Dr. Feelgood at first, but it grew on me.

Didn't like them when Vince got kicked out, but found the new CD a few years later for $3 in a bargain bin so said "What the hell?" and thought it was a great album.

Vince rejoined, and Generation Swine was a major disappointment.

Then when their last album came out, it sounded like old Crue again, and I was just starting to get into it, when they booted Anthrax of their tour, and the album has collected dust ever since out of protest.

They were the kings of hair metal, but the mighty have fallen...

They were the kings of hair metal, but the mighty have fallen...

Yes indeed, they have fallen, The Crue that I knew hasen't existed for quite some time.

Cheerz my good man!

That's the one that I picked up in the bargain bin. After I heard "Hooligan's Holiday" on the radio, I didn't bother picking it up, but a few years later I got it for $3. Best value ever...it was actually a very good album, and I liked Corabi's vocals. It was a different sound for Crue, but I'm glad I got it.

(Pot shot for Galvatron--If Napster had been around at the time of its release, I might have heard a few more tracks and paid full price for it.) :)

Does anyone remember (or even heard of) Tigertailz? I loved them along with Motley Crue, Poison, Dogs D'Armour and many more that I'm too embarrassed to list.

Oh but let me add this, since we are talking about the 80's. This Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth, sounds like the beer drinking fiasco of the summer. I am currently looking into booking myself some tix to the opening night of the tour in Cleveland. I love it, the two of them got together and said fuck the VH bro's. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil was the best hair band album ever

IMO

I like Twisted Sister's first 3 albums. But to me they were not really a hair band.

Hold on to your hats!

Here's my list:

Faster Pussycat(Great first album!)
Poison(Huge collection of singels and albums)
Mötley Crüe(Still love them)
Cats in boots
Tigertailz
Roxx gang
Cinderella

GnR, Motley, Cinderella, Ratt, and thats about it that I can remember. I mostly listened to much heavier stuff but that shit was shoved down your throat constantly back then so you were bound to listen to it some. Not all of it was bad though.