Favorite Agalloch Album!

Favorite Agalloch Album?

• Total voters
Going w/ the mantle
This band creates an atmosphere like no other on the mantle. The other releases are good but none have the same emotional level.
Just one of those cd's you want to put on at 2in the morning on halloween(w/candles lit) and spark a spliff to.
A dark eerie atmosphere that no other band can create.My favorite song being odal.
*footsteps in the snow gets me every time*

I'm gonna go on record as saying Agalloch is overrated, with the caveat that I only know and own Ashes. It's cool and all, but I too listen for upbeat/tight drumming and music. I really wanted to like this a lot more than I did; maybe it'll grow on me.

It sounds too post-rock to me, a genre I've not loved so far. Are the older ones significantly different?

I'm gonna go on record as saying Agalloch is overrated, with the caveat that I only know and own Ashes. It's cool and all, but I too listen for upbeat/tight drumming and music. I really wanted to like this a lot more than I did; maybe it'll grow on me.

It sounds too post-rock to me, a genre I've not loved so far. Are the older ones significantly different?

Yes. Listen to Mantle and Pale Folklore before you give up.

I listened to Ashes Against the Grain again today and I'm starting to like it more. Still not gonna top the first 2, but it is growing on me.

I have to say Ashes Against the Grain. The other two albums were amazing, but I felt that musically Ashes was better. Plus with Ashes I got more of a feel with it then the other albums.
I have newfound respect for that album after seeing the "not unlike the waves"video. It reminds me of the woods of ypres video for "shedding the deadwood" which pootube took off for some unexplainable reason.It was a great atmospheric video(one of the only vid's by woods of ypres ive seen). You tube has 100 videos of some 40 yr old dipshit attempting to play "enter sandman" in his parents basement thinking he is hetfield(then they go and delete woods of ypres in the meantime??)

I love all 3 of them like my children. Well 4, actually. The Mantle arrived as twins. Dunno why.

I like Pale folklore better, becuase it has "Hallways of Enchanted Ebony" & "The Melancholy Spirit"

I have newfound respect for that album after seeing the "not unlike the waves"video. It reminds me of the woods of ypres video for "shedding the deadwood" which pootube took off for some unexplainable reason.It was a great atmospheric video(one of the only vid's by woods of ypres ive seen). You tube has 100 videos of some 40 yr old dipshit attempting to play "enter sandman" in his parents basement thinking he is hetfield(then they go and delete woods of ypres in the meantime??)

Love agalloch, love the song, but that video is shit. They edited all the dynamic out of the song. Fuck that, i'll listen to my vinyl over that any day.

And i say Ashes. Pale Folklore and Mantle were both fucken phenominal records, but Ashes takes the best elements of both to make a record damn near perfection.