Favorite death metal bands?

Spirit In Black said:
agreed.....

and he isn't burping....do you realize how hard it is to get that low?
It's also really hard to stick a 5 inch wide toy up your ass, but that doesn't mean I have to think goatse man is all that cool.

Yeah, I agree with FP there, I don't really care how difficult it is to do those vocals. I'm more interested in how they fit the album, and imo, they fit it very well.

Incantation
Immolation
Demilich
Massacra (first 3)
Malevolent Creation
Solstice (US)
(early) At The Gates
(early) Amorphis
Adramelech
Soulburn
Autopsy
Bolt Thrower
Brutality
Carnage
Cadaver
Dismember
(early) Entombed
Grave (selected)
Cannibal Corpse (selected)
Cianide
Iniquity
Deceased
Deranged
(early) Desultory
Monstrosity
Gorguts
Intestine Baalism
Morbid Angel (till formulas)
(early) Morgoth
Sinister (till Hate)
(early) Deicide
Throneum
Pungent Stench
Resurrection
Uncanny
Torchure
Afflicted
Demigod

etc etc

Guardian of Darkness said:
Yeah, I agree with FP there, I don't really care how difficult it is to do those vocals. I'm more interested in how they fit the album, and imo, they fit it very well.
good point GoD. his vocals just arent quite my style though. but as a wise man and myself once said....to each his own :)

J Mann said:
I realize the difference between melo-death and Death w/ melody (or Melodic Death, whatever you wish to call it) but Arghoslent are not the later, based on Incorrigible Bigotry. The focus is clearly on the NWOBHM-esque melodic leads, not the rhythm guitars as in death metal. The drums are rather simple(relative to death metal) as well and could be compared to early In Flames. Also the vocalist of Arghoslent sounds very reminiscent of Anders Friden's work on The Jester Race, a medium growl rather than the gutteral growls featured in death metal.

Listen to Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance, then to Incorrigible Bigotry. If you don't see the difference, you're deaf.

Also, I highly suggest you seek out Galloping Through the Battle Ruins, not only because it will further my point, but also because it is a very good album.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Listen to Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance, then to Incorrigible Bigotry. If you don't see the difference, you're deaf.

Also, I highly suggest you seek out Galloping Through the Battle Ruins, not only because it will further my point, but also because it is a very good album.

I have heard that Nightrage album, and their is a fairly significant difference between that and Incorrigible Bigotry, but it doesnt change the fact that it is very similar to The Jester Race, just minus acoustic work. And since TJR is very much a melo-death album, I believe IB is as well.

Also I will seek out Galloping Through the Battle Ruins.

Death
Opeth
Dissection
Suffocation
Gorguts
At The Gates
Amon Amarth
Morbid Angel
Nocturnus
In Flames
Sepultura
Entombed
Monstrosity
Dark Tranquillity
Obituary
Unleashed
Immolation
The Haunted (Yes you heard right)
Deicide

Yes i've forgot a few and apologies for not being underground.