Favorite Driving Music

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
What are your favorite CDs while driving?

I like Helloween. I can scream along while playing loud and nobody hears me.
Also Blackmore's Night (for a mellow driving mood), and
Sym X Damnation Game is a constant standby.

Pinella's "Enter by the Twelfth Gate" is a personal favorite on the road. So is "Easy Living" or anything from DC Cooper.

but sometimes, the classics fare pretty good. "Highway Star" or "Paranoid" anyone? :lol:

King's X is good for driving, especially their self-titled album. Also, Peter Gabriel's "Us" and pretty much anything related to Fates Warning.

Evidence One - Criticize the Truth
Steelheart - s/t
Hardline - Double Eclipse
Peter Gabriel - Hit or Miss
Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice
Audioslave - s/t

my favorites are:

Blind Guardian: Imaginations from the other side, because i can scream along with it:)

any of the Liquid Tention albums

any Symphony X album

Children of Bodom: Follow the reaper. but it dose cause me to drive too fast at times.

Sonata Arctica: winter hearts guild.

Here are some great albums I like to put it when driving

Dream Theater- Images and Words (DUH) + Falling Into Infinity
Anything by Fates Warning
Anything by Spock's Beard
Anything by Pain Of Salvation except Be
Yes- Closer to the Edge
A Night with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess
and hundreds more.

Ayreon- Human Equation is perhaps the best journey I've ever taken, perhaps one of my favorite albums of all time.

My all time favorite driving music is In Flames. Mostly older stuff, but any will do. It's the first metal I heard, and heard in a car, and I can say, nothing gets you in the driving mood like them. But driving home I had damnation in so, it's not all I listen to.

OK, fess up guys.....now who cranks up the volume and winds down the windows when you pull up to a light or into a parking lot? Like you're going to turn somebody on to prog metal beside your car (yeah, right).
I'll admit - I do (sometimes)

:cool: