Favorite guitar tone from Andy Sneap?

Slightly OT, does anyone know what was used for the tone on the KSE "Holy Diver" cover? It doesn't sound the same as on ADD, and I definitely prefer it

DHIADW-most diesel sounding guitars I've ever heard, AND I think if the Devildriver guitars off of TLKW were just a TAD brighter, they would be up there with my favorite guitar tones ever.

Hmm, favorite tone from Andy, implying has THAT MUCH responsibility over the tone?
I'm not trying to come across as a "tone in the fingers" guy, because I understand amps, mic placement etc are important, but honestly, you guys don't sit there and think part of the reason why some of those tones are so good is because you might actually like the way an individual player attacks the string?
Hell, Kirk Hammett has been put through 10s of thousands of dollars worth of gear, but it still sounds like dog turd to me half the time.
I love the DHIADW tones, because the amp tones are good and all, but also because Loomis is a fucking monster player, whereas it seems no matter how good gear and production process Trivium go through, it still sounds pretty average to me because those guys frankly aren't in the same class of playing as Loomis.

Huh, I'm surprised to see so much criticism (the first page of the thread). Andy's tones may have more, or less, of some feature when compared to a tone with the opposite character, but most of them sound unique and really suit the band and the vibe. The best example would probably Exodus' SHKM, the guitar tone and everything else for that matter sounds like a 100-ton rusty thing out of Carmageddon is coming to get you.

I can't decide which one is my favourite. It depends on the mood I'm in.

"The End of Heartache" I don't think was done by Andy at all, actually...I think they were already all amped by Adam before the files ever got to Andy. And too muffled? No way, I think it's one of the most beastly tones ever recorded.

I have to second the "Resurrection" tone actually, super thick. But, Andy has never recorded a tone that I didn't like quite a lot...it's always dialed in appropriately for the project.

kinda depends for me, some tones that just slay in the full mix don't sound particulary good to me when you really only listen to the guitars, the gathering comes to mind here...so i'll try and mention only those that i think sound great by themselves AND in the full mix.

trivium - ascendancy....nothing to say really. i can actually stand the music (unlike their later efforts), but the production is great, and so are the guitars. double tracked 5150 iirc...sure has that 5150 grind.

nevermore - dhiadw....just awesome. super thick and heavy, while being nice and clear....it's not as ripping as some of his other tones, maybe because most sneap stuff is v30 and this is not. i feel it glues better with the mix this way, as opposed to sticking out and trying to kill everyone, sort of :D

despised icon - forgot the name lol....that's got to be one of the best sounding death(core) albums out there. aside from the KILLER drums, the guitars are really heavy and mean too...peavey jsx double tracked - nice. slightly on the fizzy side though, which i don't mind as i like my guitars bright.

exodus - tempo of the damned....good god, now THATs a marshall tone right there. SUPER tight, thick, bright without any fizz at all, smooth, crushing....just plain awesome really.

chimaira resurrection and nevermore THE are also pretty blazing, but not quite on the same level as those mentioned above IMHO. resurrection was thick but a bit on the dull side, and while the TGE guitars sound good, that album feels to me as if there's a blanket over the full mix...it's more on the cloudy side overall. vibey, but not that great for all out aggression.

Nevermore TGE and Testament The Gathering. I like these because they have imperfections, but really suit the mix.
Arch Enemy's Anthem of rebellion and Exodus' Tempo.. get alot of "those are the perfect tone" comments. They tend to be my least favourite.