Favorite metal vocalists?

HolyJari

Mäenpääeist
Dec 16, 2010
Finland
I really like Byron Roberts' (Bal-Sagoth) vocals, he does an amazing job with both black and clean vocals. I usually find black metal vocals pretty annoying (not that I dont like the genre), but not Byrons. Also his clean vocals sound very majestic. Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis also has a great voice and he does a good job with the growls.

I've always been drawn to some of the unique ones like King Diamond, Cirith Ungol, Agent Steel, Vio-lence... stuff like that. I like the power of Jorn and Tom Englund as well as Virgin Steel's, with his kind of Eric Adams rasp on the higher stuff.

Sabbath era Ozzy
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Alan Nemtheanga (Primordial)
Vratyas Vakyas (Falkenbach)
John Haughm (Agalloch)

James LaBrie (Newer stuff)- Dream Theater, s/t, Mullmuzzler, Trent Garderners Explorers Club
Dave Mustaine (Older stuff)- Megadeth
Jorn Lande- Jorn, Russel Allen and Jorn Lande
Lemmy- Motörhead
Lord Tim- LORD, Dungeon

A few great vocalists imo

Mortuus (Marduk)
Nemtheanga (Primordial)
Nicklas Rudolfsson (Runemagick)
Messiah Marcolin (Candlemass)
Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy)
Mark Shelton (Manilla Road)
Martin Van Drunen (Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, etc)
Kirk Windstein (Crowbar)
Ville Laihiala (Sentenced)

John Arch

Bruce Dickinson (yeah, fuck you The Butt)

Attila (mostly for his work on DMDS. It took me a while to come to terms with and really appreciate this dude's vocals, but now I think his vocals totally work for DMDS.)

Varg Vikernes (nobody does the whole "screaming naked and anguished under the moonlight" thing better than this guy. Seriously.)

James Rivera

Mike Scalzi

David Vincent (perfect combination of intelligibility and aggression. This guy is legendary despite the fact that he turned into some kind of gay leatherboy over the years.)

Dagon (sounds a lot like Abbath, but I like his version of this style a little more and I think it suits the whole concept of Inquisition really well.)