Votes: 2 4.0%
  • grief

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • misanthropy

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • lycanthropia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Most anything with an epic and dramatic tone is best to me. A contemplative and reflective mood can also be as powerful, like a song such as Burzum's Dunkelheit perfectly captures.

Yeah, my favorite is Saudade. Maybe. I actually looked up emotions on wikipedia to find the one that most suits me. I guess add a portion of melencholy to the saudade. A sort of non specific longing for something that probably shall never be, although it might.

Or, after looking up more of this stuff, I think I found my word. Weltschmerz. Physical reality can never satisfy the demands of the mind. Sadness associated with thinking about the evils of the world. This seems to be right. I am going for the sort of longing for an ideal world that will never be. The sort of life sucks but of well, keep on trucking emotion. Those type of songs really hit me good.

Saudade is Portuguese:cool: in general it means (miss *something*)

i voted for melancholy.

Whatever it is, metal just makes me happy. Yeah i get pumped when a big brutal blast slams in and gutteral vocals from hell shred the air or get the feeling of "o fuck" when something like burzum is impending doom on my "insignifcant abyssmal" life, haha, but mainly i'm just happy i'm listening to metal, i don't actually walk off feeling sad for the rest of the day just because i been listening to heart-rending black metal ect.

Despite (angst) being next to emo I chose that as I feel it encompasses melancholy and depressed, which are my two favorite moods.

Sad music wins. Always.

What exactly is the difference between melancholy and grief though?

Whatever it is, metal just makes me happy. Yeah i get pumped when a big brutal blast slams in and gutteral vocals from hell shred the air or get the feeling of "o fuck" when something like burzum is impending doom on my "insignifcant abyssmal" life, haha, but mainly i'm just happy i'm listening to metal, i don't actually walk off feeling sad for the rest of the day just because i been listening to heart-rending black metal ect.
Agreed. :kickass: