Votes: 2 4.0%
  • grief

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • misanthropy

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • lycanthropia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Melancholy/depression actually should have nothing to do with metal. It implies somewhat monotonous and dull music that slips you into a coma, something i'd associate more with Coldplay or the Beatles than metal. That's why i'd choose happy - metal is what makes me come alive when i'm depressed or melancholy, not vice versa. With a touch of misanthropia, of course :)

Coldplay is only depressive because it is such a horrible excuse for music.

Seriously though, I find that type of music to be very superficial, not to mention disengenuos.

I'm generally misrable and not happy so listen to music that seems similiar. I notice a lot of people listen to metal because it makes them happy and brings them above all the negativity which really does not make much sense in metal music unless you listen to power metal. I can't think of a lot of metal bands that seem like they're happy people. People generally don't see happy to me.

Melancholy/depression actually should have nothing to do with metal. It implies somewhat monotonous and dull music that slips you into a coma, something i'd associate more with Coldplay or the Beatles than metal. That's why i'd choose happy - metal is what makes me come alive when i'm depressed or melancholy, not vice versa. With a touch of misanthropia, of course :)

Well, you're wrong. Coldplay and the Beatles are not metal, you're WAAAAY off.

how can you be happy with a bit of misanthropia?

039_12800~Jack-Nicholson-Posters.jpg

Point taken, but I still consider the doom bands i listen to (Esoteric, Candlemass, Skepticism, Solitude Aeternus) happy. I'm not a huge My Dying Bride fan.

I wouldn't consider any of those bands happy at all. Although those bands exluding Skepticism and Esoteric are traditional doom bands which are usually less depressive and monotonous as other forms of Doom, such as Funeral Doom.