Favorite Morbid Angel album?

Blessed are the Sick. It was the first Death Metal album I ever bought. It was pure blasphemy at the time. Still is. I love it. Morbid Angel have been gods to me ever since. On a side note, the drummer in my band a few years ago knew Pete Sandoval when they were young lads. Just thought that was interesting. He said Pete was kind of quiet and a little strange.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
Gateways - first death metal album I ever bought. Still got lots of happy memories scaring the shit out of my Korn and Linkin Park loving friends with that album... hehehe

You poor bastard! What did they make you listen to before Gateways. From some of your responses on other threads, I got the feeling you had been into metal for quite some time. I can't understand how somebody could listen to metal for very long, and not have extensive knowledge of Morbid Angel. Anyway, Morbid Angel is essential listening for any fan of metal. Listen to some of their older stuff, and you'll realize why they are so important in the whole American scene.