Favorite Movie Soundtrack?

Taxi Driver. Just the drumming on that album is just like the building up of Travis' boiling point. The music goes along very well with the movie, and I think that's the biggest plus for any soundtrack.

I just saw "Requiem for a dream" the other day and it had some good strings (I love strings!), but the thing that made me reconsider buying the soundtrack was the gross drums they smacked on top of the strings! Although I have previously been into hip hop, trip hop & house I've grown tired of that electronic synthetic sound and the drums on the "Requiem for a dream" soundtrack drags it down A LOT imo! Why can't they just have strings and no drums or if they have to have drums do like John Barry does when he very rarely has drums on his music nowadays, use a REAL drummer!!!! I think he orchestrated the drums very well on songs like "Fred & Cyd" & "Dance with reality". I have mp3'ed these songs, so they can be found at Kazaa if you wish. As you probably can hear I've grown tired of that sythetic sound! I just think it sounds stupid if I can clearly hear that it's a computer and not a person that plays what's on the record!

Quite a few of them over the years of me buying music.....

Ever After and alot of others with similar classical sound.
The Crow I & II
Strangeland
Moulin Rouge
Cruel Intentions....and there is a few more I have, just cant think of them all.

Cat People
Lost Highway
Natural Born Killers
the Wall (yeah, the movie came after the soundtrack, who cares :p )

Most definetly the "Gladiator" soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is a genius and Lisa Gerrard has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. The final song on the soundtrack is magnificent.

Also, the first two soundtracks to the Lord Of The Rings are superbly done and very befitting the story I think. My favorite of the two is the Two Towers soundtrack. The Norwegian fiddle (violin, which seems to be the "theme" of this movie) in the Two Towers is gorgeous.

:)