The Terminator
Raising Arizona
Akira
Carpenter's The Thing
Robocop
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
(As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 Star Wars movies--FUCK, Lucas is a TERRIBLE storyteller. It's a fluke he managed to make Star Wars a decent movie by himself. He uses Cliff Notes, for fuck's sake)

Beetlejuice... Michael Keaton is an underrated actor!

Arg_Hamster said:
Road to perdition

I almost was in this movie. My friend was Sam Mendes assistant on the movie, and they needed Irish lookin' folks for extras. (I'm only 1/8th Irish, but have the look) Anyhoo, they unfortunately needed me the same week as finals. I couldn't miss those, so I had to pass over the oppurtunity. I know a few folks who did make it in, though. A lot of them were in a church scene.

As for my favorite movies:
#1 Ghostbusters...I've been a fan of this movie since I was 5.
Waynes World 1 & 2
The Original Trilogy (you know movies I mean!)
Pulp Fiction
Forrest Gump
Back to the Future
The Indiana Jones movies

There's a whole lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

Drokk said:
Dubbing is just...wrong. My German isn't good enough anymore, so subtitles it is. If I can't hear the actors' real voices, fuckin' forget it.

In Denmark, are English TV serials and films broadcast in the original language with Danish subtitles? I've heard it's like this in Holland. Probably why the Dutch speak English well (well, that and the languages have a common root). Czechs are really into dubbing everything. A pity, I think. I fucking hate dubbing.

I have to have subtitles as well, but I do understand enough german to know that it´s the perfect language for a movie like Das Boot!

Yeah, no dubbing in Denmark either! Danes are also pretty good at english, danish is also pretty close to english (especially my dialect which has some grammatical similarities with english). If I remember correctly, 45-47 % of all english words come from the germanic/nordic languages...

The Beyond:headbang:
Night of the living dead *the old one not the newer crap*
Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood
Pulp Ficton
Pussyman 4

Evil dead 3/Army of darkness
Bubba Ho-tep(bruce campbell? elvis? mummies? cancer of the penis? HELL YEAH!)
the good, the bad and the ugly
Demolition man
Total recall
Big tits big clits

Miltbrand said:
If I remember correctly, 45-47 % of all english words come from the germanic/nordic languages...
English is a Germanic language, but changed drastically after the Norman Invasion of 1066. More than 40% of the Oxford English Dictionary is derived from French. And many of the fucked-up spelling conventions were perpetrated by the Dutch, among others, who ran the printing presses. I'm getting way off topic here...

Drokk said:
English is a Germanic language, but changed drastically after the Norman Invasion of 1066. More than 40% of the Oxford English Dictionary is derived from French. And many of the fucked-up spelling conventions were perpetrated by the Dutch, among others, who ran the printing presses. I'm getting way off topic here...

Interesting. I was wondering how a Germanic language could have so many other words.

remington69 said:
I almost was in this movie. My friend was Sam Mendes assistant on the movie, and they needed Irish lookin' folks for extras. (I'm only 1/8th Irish, but have the look) Anyhoo, they unfortunately needed me the same week as finals. I couldn't miss those, so I had to pass over the oppurtunity. I know a few folks who did make it in, though. A lot of them were in a church scene.

Cool! :headbang:

The forum is getting closer to fame every day!

Drokk said:
Dubbing is just...wrong. My German isn't good enough anymore, so subtitles it is. If I can't hear the actors' real voices, fuckin' forget it.

In Denmark, are English TV serials and films broadcast in the original language with Danish subtitles? I've heard it's like this in Holland. Probably why the Dutch speak English well (well, that and the languages have a common root). Czechs are really into dubbing everything. A pity, I think. I fucking hate dubbing.
Yeah, it´s fucked up here with the dubbing. Because like 90% it is shit, no tallking about the horrible crime when they bastardize the original widescreen movie format into a TV frame. Fuck this! Thank god for the DVD and the oportunity to have original sound and subtitles and beautiful widescreen.
As conserning my favourite movies: they are too many to list here :)

Drokk said:

I like to watch movies from Japan... with Chinese subtitles.

Easy Rider
Shakes the Clown
Bad Lieutenant
Gummo
Airplane
Young Frankenstein
Big Lebowski
Animal House
Mad Max
The Jerk
Office Space
Aliens