Favorite Opeth Guitar Solo

...BWP title track....around 7 minutes...guitar sounds like it's trying to spit out the notes, but Mikael is just keeping them under control. Sheer anger. -Duvall

Haha, I like the way you put that. It actually made me want to open my media player and listen to that part again. ;)

The part at 6:30 in Forest of October gives me a picture in my head of standing up and saluting the band. You have to listen to it and imagine it. :loco: I know...how odd of me. I like the complete silence with that one lone electric screaming guitar parts. I like the end of BP right at about 10:42 with the second guitar screaming a nice rounded note. I don't know...I just like that.

"The sun sets forever, over Blackwater Park." <-- I love that line. :D

Lynn

With anger the wind blew,
Giving wings to my stallion.

The solo in Apostle near the end is one of my favs, along with most of the ones everyone already put down.

Nobody's mentioned the solos in Moonlapse Vertigo and Nectar. Those are my favorites. My cd's are in my brother's car, so I can't tell you the times. They're my favorites.

I love sooo many of their solos but the ones off Orchid just own so hard!! The solos off of Orchid are what really got me into them in the first place. The non-Orchid solos that get me are the last two on Blackwater Park which hardly anyone ever seems to talk about and of course Epilogue. The last three songs on Orchid(not including requiem) are just filled with so many awesome parts its hard to draw a line through them. The music in those songs are seriously what made me think Opeth are the greatest. 7:50 and 10:15 in TTIMR 5:50 in Forest of October 9:40 and 10:50@#$^$&%*(*&%^&^&#$%%@#!@ in TAIT!! Damn I really love those songs!! Damn that last one is just " _________"

... and Still Life is similar to BWP.

I... hate you. Still Life has WAY more color then BWP does. It's so more animate in a musical sense. BWP is by far the most well done Opeth album, though.

My favorite Opeth solo has got to be the one in The Leper Affinity, but The Twilight Is My Robe follows closely. Following that, Wreath - how the last note of the first solo rings out into that erie keyboard riff, and they turn the drums around and it goes steady with the guitars... the solo in When (short, but nice), the one in The Drapery Falls completes the transition perfectly... and then, I guess, that little very tiny like solo in Blackwater Park that kind of builds up tension. Most people fail to recognize what a good song BWP is... I love the very last line of it. "... The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park..."