Favorite song on each Opeth album

Orchid: The Twilight is My Robe. To be honest I'm not that familiar with any of the Orchid songs, and it's my least favorite album, but I just remember enjoying this song more than any of the others.

Morningrise: REALLY tough call. At this moment I think I'm going to say Nectar, just because I looooooove that intro with the bass and drums. I love all the songs on here though.

MAYH: I have to say Karma, because the outro is absolutely disgustingly amazing. It is the sound of evil, winter and death all rolled into one \m/

Still Life: Probably The Moor...some of Opeth's most beautiful acoustic sections and best ass-kicking heavy sections all in one song

BWP: The Leper Affinity. The solo, the riffs, the nonstop pounding pace...'nuff said.

Deliverance: BTPISIO. I really like the creepy little circus part, and the weirdly-growled lyrics at the beginning.

Damnation: Closure. Loooooove that creepy ending.

Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition. Just all around one of Opeth's best songs.

O - Forest of October or UTWM
M - To Bid You Farewell or Advent
MAYH - When (final)
SL - Face of Melinda (final)
BP - Blackwater Park (final)
D1 - Deliverance (final)
D2 - Windowpane or To Rid The Disease
GR - GoP or Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Orchid - forest of october
morningrise - to bid you farewell
MAYH - april
Still life - the moor, face of melinda
blackwater park - BWP, (does still day beneath the sun count?
Deliverance - masters apprentice
damnation - to rid the disease
ghost reveries - ghost of perdition

Orchid - Forest Of October
Morningrise - To Bid You Farewell
My Arms, Your Hearse - When
Still Life - Godhead's Lament
Blackwater Park - The Drapery Falls
Deliverance - By The Pain I See In The Others
Damnation - To Rid The Disease
Ghost Reveries - The Baying Of The Hounds

Orchid: forest of october
Morningrise: black rose immortal
My Arms, Your Hearse: april ethereal
Still Life: white cluster
Blackwater Park: funeral portrait
Deliverance: master's apprentices
Damnation: windowpane
Ghost Reveries: reverie/harlequin Forest

A good question, no doubt, but just as difficult to answer :\ let's see...
Orchid - hhmph... Silhouette?
Morningrise - Black Rose Immortal \ The Night And The Silent Water
May Arms, Your Hearse - absolutely impossible.. Credence? Karma?
Still Life - dunno... least liked CD for me :\
BWP - The Drapery Falls
Deliverance - Master Apprentices
Damnation - Hope Leaves
GR - Ghost of Perdition maybe...

Orchid: The Twilight is my Robe (gorgeous acoustic moments)
Morningrise: Advent (although I'll always have a soft spot for Nectar since it was the first Opeth I ever heard)
My Arms: When
Still Life: Face of Melinda
BWP: Drapery Falls, Patterns in the Ivy, Funeral Portrait, Blackwater Park (too hard to pick)
Deliverance: Master's Apprentices (the middle section is genius)
Damnation: Windowpane
Ghost Reveries: Baying of the Hounds (the closing 1:00 is one of my favorite Opeth moments ever)

-gg
np: Primordial - The Burning Season

Orchid: Twilight Is My Robe
Morningrise: The Night And The Silent Water
My Arms, Your Hearse: Demon Of The Fall
Still Life: Serenity Painted Death
Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park
Deliverance: Wreath
Damnation: Closure
Ghost Reveries: Ghost Of Perdition

Orchid - Hard to say, as I havent yet listened to this album in the depth I have the others, but I really like "Requiem" (If you count the bit where it goes into the next track)

Morningrise - The Night and the Silent Water, mostly because of that epic build up.

MAYH - Either "When" or "Epilogue." When is my favourite song, the outro is always amazing to listen to. But Epilogue is one of my favourite pieces of music, not just as an instrumental, but in context to the album. One of the best closing tracks Ive ever heard.

Still Life - Moonlapse Vertigo. By far for me, its just one of their most well structured songs. This song is the absolute perfection of constructing a long song without sounding like random riffs thrown together to make it long.

BWP - "The Funeral Portrait." One of their cathiest songs, despite also being one of their most br00tal!

Deliverance - A Fair Judgement. This song just speaks to me. It seems so simple on top yet is so well thought out.

Damnation - Im not actually a huge fan of the soft work on this album. My fav is probably "Windowpane," its definately a standout along with "Closure."

GR - The Baying of the Hounds. I love the bass and drum breakdown with the middle eastern sortas guitar bit. I wanna hear more of that on the next album! Funky sorta beats are done so well by Opeth.

Orchid- In Mist She Was Standing (Mezmerizing, very melodic and atmospheric... unique in Opeth's catelogue, and the last few minutes are indescribably beautiful)
Morningrise- The Night and the Silent Water (Some of the most breathtaking acoustics Opeth have ever done are in this song...it's a a mournful, epic masterpiece of a song)
MAYH- Demon of the Fall (Simply a great song, Opeth's signature song basically)
Still Life- The Moor (Folksy, anguished, typical great slice of Opeth)
Blackwater Park- The Drapery Falls (I love the sleepy, laid back feel of this song. One of their most perfect songs)
Deliverance- Deliverance (Heavier, more complex and more brilliant than ever, this is IMO like the thematic centerpiece of the album and is such a kick-ass yet beautiful song)
Damnation- To Rid the Disease (There's a lot of equally great songs on the album but I've been especially digging this one lately... the chorus is heavenly)
Ghost Reveries- Ghost of Perdition (So perfect, epic, emotional, etc. It makes earlier Opeth songs sound like nothing more of a fine sketch compared to such a clear picture so to speak... Maybe their best song, ever.)

Orchid - The Twilight is my Robe
Morningrise - The night and the silent water
My Arms, Your Hearse - When
Still Life - Godhead's Lament
Blackwater Park - The Drapery Falls (impossible to choose for me on this album)
Deliverence - Deliverence
Damnation - Hope Leaves
Ghost Reveries - Ghost of Perdition

Orchid - In The Mist She Was Standing
Morningrise - Advent
My Arms, Your Hearse - Demon Of The Fall
Still Life - Serenity Painted Death
Blackwater Park - The Funeral Portrait
Deliverance - Deliverance
Damnation - Windowpane
Ghost Reveries - Ghost Of Perdition

:) :mad: :heh: :OMG: :Smug: :saint: :kickass: :rolleyes: :loco: :headbang: :erk: :puke: :worship: :cool: :lol:

Orchid - apostle
Morningrise - nectar
My Arms, Your Hearse - april ethereal
Still Life - the moor
Blackwater Park - patterns II
Deliverance - a fair judgement
Damnation - windowpane
Ghost Reveries - ghost of perdition

Orchid: The Twilight Is My Robe
Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal
My Arms Your Hearse: When
Still Life: The Moor
Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park
Deliverance: Deliverance
Damnation: Windowpane
Ghost Reveries: Ghost Of Perdition

Orchid - The Twilight Is My Robe:
The acoustics are beautiful. That bass fill at 07:47 and the guitar solo thingy afterwards sends shiver down my spine.

Morningrise - To Bid You Farewell:
Love Mikaels vocals on this, so soothing. The solo after the first verse is one of the best from Opeth, sounds so bluesy. Then the distorted guitars with the vocals after the build-up is genius.

My Arms, Your Hearse - When:
Another great solo. One of the best, if not THE best solo up to date. Hail Peter! The ending with the clean vocals are so powerful.

Still Life - Serenity Painted Death:
Brutal growls by Mikael. Hail him too! As I said with 'When', the clean vocals at the outro are so hauntingly beautiful. The lyrics are damn fine too.

Blackwater Park - Dirge for November:
First the acoustic intro, the the pounding evil riff afterwards which just keeps on going, and the B-E-A-utiful outro. It's a really great song.

Deliverance - By The Pain I See In Others:
I really like the growls over the acoustic verse (Is it the first time Opeth used growls over a acoustic bit? I think so). The distorted guitars afterwards are evil. The freaky cirkus-type acoustic is the work of a genius.

Damnation - Hope Leaves:
Is words needed on this one? Beautiful clean guitar, proggy chorus and nice interlude. The outro is so great.

Ghost Reveries - Isolation Years:
Mezmerising mellotron on this one. I feel nostalgy every time I hear this song. It's just great. Couldn't pick one of the heavier songs out. If so, it would probably be 'Ghost of Perdition'.

Orchid -> Forest Of October
Morningrise -> Advent
MAYH -> April Ethereal + When
Still Life -> The Moor
Blackwater Park -> all (Bleak & Blackwater Park)
Deliverance -> Deliverance
Damnation -> Windowpane
Ghosts Reveries -> Ghost of Perdition

Orchid > Under The Weeping Moon/In Mist She Was Standing
Morningrise > The Night And The Silent Water
My Arms, Your Hearse > The Amen Corner
Still Life > Moonlapse Vertigo
Blackwater Park > Blackwater Park
Deliverance > Deliverance/Master's Apprentices
Damnation > Closure/Weakness
Ghost Reveries > Ghost Of Perdition