favorite thrash metal band of all time

Whiplash402

Supreme Ruler
Sep 29, 2005
Illinois
anything goes, from metallica to kreator...

i gotta go with metal church on this one simply because the stuff they made with David is so raw. Metal church and the dark are 2 of my favorite records of all time.

Off topic but i found a badass vinyl of the Dark at a vintage record store. Wonder how much it would be worth

never much of a thrasher due to the vocals. Megadeth is another story because Dave is an awesome riff maker and his vocals pretty decent and amusing, I like that twisted, just got out of the asylum thing, rather than the Im pissed off for no apparent reason sound.

This and Heathen are both very good choices.

Indeed Heathen is very good and I want to add Abandoned a fantastic new band from Germany with two very strong albums under their belt, highly recommended.

Some thrash bands I like most: Heathen, Laaz Rockit, Forbidden, early Anthrax, Toxik, Sacred Reich, Znöwhite,...

No one even mentioned Slayer yet so I might as well do that.. I don't know if they're my all time favorite thrash band though.. Metallica, Kreator and Destruction are all up there.. Dark Angel should at least get an honorary mention. Too many bands released an album or two that were awesome and then disbanded or changed their style to crap..
Sodom have put out quite a few decent albums through their carreer.. although they played black/thrash at first and then changed to death/thrash..

Sodom have put out quite a few decent albums through their carreer.. although they played black/thrash at first and then changed to death/thrash..

I agree they were more Venom type of music in the beginning that's why I (a bit stupidly) bought their stuff between "In the Sign Of Evil" and "Agent Orange" (ecept the live album), but I seldom listen to it, too raw even for a Venom fan.

As for them becoming death/thrash later, I always have understood that they become just thrash with heavy/critical anti-war lyrics.

If we consider METAL CHURCH as thrash, that´s my pick but given the fact that, IMO, they aren´t thrash (no, Wyvern, I´m not trying to start again :lol:), I couldn´t decide. The reason is that here and there every thrash metal band with more than 3 albums have released a more or less disappointing one.

Anyway, some than I choose:
- Heathen (gods :headbang:)
- Coroner
- Anthrax
- Megadeth
- Annihilator
- Razor

Non mentioned albums:

- "None shall defy" Infernal Majesty
- "CLimbing the walls" Wrathchild America
- "Strappado" Slaughter
- "Ascend from the cauldron" Deadly Blessing (half US power, half thrash)
- "Finished with the dogs" Holy Moses
- "Golem" and "Urm the Mad" Protector