favorite thrash metal band of all time

I'll agree with Bryant, get Blessing in Disguise by Metal Church. Best album Metallica never wrote.

Hey I also mentioned it, give some credit :p

Also, JAGE, really cool to see Pariah in your sig, I should add them to my list of fave thrash - I love that album!

That's another fine discussion IMO. I have all Satan/Blind Fury/Pariah albums. I do believe that Pariah has a definitive thrash vibe, but I always felt it was like proto-thrash. Even so Pariah albums are from 88 and 89 when thrash was firmly widespread, still they don't sound completely thrash a la Testament, Coroner, Heathen, Hallows Eve or so to me.
I know I'm making a jumble in here but it's difficult for me to express with words why even if they have a thrash vibe they´re not a thrash band for me, it's related to my own perception :cry:

My favorite thrash metal band would probably have to be Slayer. I don't like anything after Season in the Abyss, though. Show No Mercy would have to be my favorite album by them. It may seem a bit amateur to most people, but it's a great one in my opinion. A lot of my favorite tracks came off of it.

My favorite thrash metal band would probably have to be Slayer. I don't like anything after Season in the Abyss, though. Show No Mercy would have to be my favorite album by them. It may seem a bit amateur to most people, but it's a great one in my opinion. A lot of my favorite tracks came off of it.

metal storm:headbang:

I have to go with MetalChurch or Overkill!!! :headbang:

EXCITER is a good one!!!

See that's another good discussion. Exciter to me is speed metal, one of the best in the sub-genre, absolutely archetypical of it. But it's not thrash, I know the line dividing both is very thin, but I still can make a difference between bands like Exciter, Killers, Enforcer and bands like Hallows Eve, Testament, Coroner.

I'm going to go with Forbidden, simply because Twisted into Form is pretty much as perfect as any album I can think of.

Metallica and Megadeth go without saying, I also love Heathen, Sacred Reich, Testament, Demoliton Hammer and Realm. And a bunch of others...

Saturday I'm going to the "Killfest" in Holland; Exodus-Overkill-Torture Squand & Gama Bomb....Thraaaaaaash !!!!

Whooaa! Someone says TOURNIQUET. I got their last two albums "Microscopic view from a telescopic realm" and "Where moth and rust destroy" and they´re superb, specially the last one.

I´m waiting 6 six years (and counting) for a new record.

Hellz yeah, completely forgot them. I dunno how I managed to do that having to type their song when I log in! :p

I dunno if Sword would count (The Canadian Metalized Sword) but if they're thrash, they win hands down.

Sword kicks ass!!

See that's another good discussion. Exciter to me is speed metal, one of the best in the sub-genre, absolutely archetypical of it. But it's not thrash, I know the line dividing both is very thin, but I still can make a difference between bands like Exciter, Killers, Enforcer and bands like Hallows Eve, Testament, Coroner.

Speed metal/thrash metal...Exciter is bad ass! Speed Metal works for me..but they were one of the "faster" bands for their time..almost every track! Runaway Locomotive!

Ouch, Testament are playing a special show at the Dynamo club in Holland (full "Legacy" album will be played)...More money to spend !!
In a few houres off to the Killfest and also Forbidden and Sacred Reich are on my list next months...

Reverend was pretty good as was Heretic's release which was Howe's first band. In fact, a couple of the Heretic guys were in Reverend. It was almost like Heretic and Metal Church exchanged singers.

Bryant

anybody heard reverend's material? They had a couple with ex-metal church singer david wayne. That is some great stuff, like metal church meets testament.