• Fate Of Norns

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • With Oden On Our Side

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Twilight Of The Thunder God

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All but 12 of you are homosexuals. The last six all range from damn good to fucking awesome, but only Once Sent is actually perfect. I don't consider Sorrow a full-length, but it's excellent.

I think their self titled track is the one and only track of theirs I can say I don't really enjoy too much. Very easily their worst to me, the intro riff and the one that extends through the first 4 minutes just get very tedious and almost annoying at times but after the "battle" the track takes a leap into absolute glory :) every other track in the discography is pure beauty.

My favorite album changes a lot, I voted for Twilight Of The Thunder God and Versus The World, but I think Fate Of Norns is also tied with them, its really grown on me a lot since it was released, at first I didn't really enjoy much of it at all. After those 3 I guess the order right now would be...

With Oden On Our Side
The Avenger
The Crusher
Once Sent From The Golden Hall

Sad because I truly love OSFTGH... Drawn out post I know. :p

Either Fate of Norns or Once sent. I think I'd go with Fate of Norns since I can turn it on, any time, any place, and be happy jamming through the whole album. It also seems to tell a cohesive story as a single piece, really solid album.

VS, it was the album that got me into Amon Amarth. It also gets a little boost over the others because the edition I have has the second disk with all kinds of awesome stuff on it (I think including Sorrow). It might not be a fair advantage, but IMO Death in Fire and Versus the World might be Amon Amarth's two best tunes.

After seeing them twice in concert though, WOOOS becomes close, because Asator is still one of the best songs I've ever seen played live.