Favourite Countries visited?

mark b

Prog 4 ever. Australia!!!
Apr 30, 2007
Toowoomba, Australia.
www.myspace.com
What are your favourite countries to visit?

I enjoyed Holland with all the bike riding and countryside.

Eastern England is great, don't like London at all.

I would love to go to Scandinavia one day!!!

I've been to many european contries, and each had aspects that i feel in love with. I spent heaps of time in Germany (relative to other places), so that holds a place in my heart.

In terms of scenery/landscape, Lapland in Finland, Western Fjords in Norway and the Southern Alps/Fiordland in NZ are all equal in my books.

As far are favourite cities - Prague, Stockholm (beautiful), Freiburg, Dunedin (arty, and best record shop ever!), and Paris is mad too.

Most boring places - Copenhagen, Dresden - no offence! :D

I'm planning a trip to Europe again next year and i'm hoping to go to Iceland, Estonia and more Eastern Europe

Nice thread.

I've been to 26 of the fuckers, but my favourites would have to be (apart from the UK, my spiritual home) Norway and Egypt. The former for the natural beauty, history and music, the second for the man-made beauty, history, and the fact that middle class guys like myself are suddenly sultans in wealth and we would sit on the top floor of the Hilton drinking G and Ts looking down at the lights below. Amazing. I guess that's why our friend was living there full time.

Speaking of middle class, I'm off to the US tomorrow for about 12 nights. Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and New York. I was last there as a teenager (except for Vegas, which will be a first), so I'm looking forward to putting on about 10 kilograms and keeping a tiger in our bathroom...

I

Most boring places - Copenhagen

We were in Copenhagen in winter and it was amazing. Did you go to Tivoli Gardens? This massive winter/Christmas theme park in the middle of town. We walked around taking photos of everything, drinking mulled wine etc. It was very romantic and a certain young lady was rather chuffed! I didn't mind it either to be honest, so Copenhagen brings back good memories. But maybe only in winter..?

Yeah, like, it was beautiful enough, but it was high summer and it seemed like everyone had gone away. Nyhavn was especially pretty, and Christiania enjoyable, but from an enjoyment factor, i'd just been to Wacken so it was a drop in adrenelin!

I'll extend on my Freiburg experience from above... That town is just an amazing place. If you haven't been there or heard about it, its in Germany, close to the borders of both France and Switzerland. Essentially it is a university town, so the nightlife is kicking, but its also right in the middle of the Black Forest, where the Brothers Grimm wrote such stories as Hanzel and Gretel etc etc, and such other mythical stories as St George and the Dragon. The scenery is amazing, with the town set in the valley a la Salzberg, just without the milky blue river! And their football team is back in the Bundesliga this year!!! :D:D:D