• Henke Forss

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Anders Friden

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Donnie Darko said:
old Anders is better than old Stanne but newer Stanne is the best
fuckin true
i voted stanne even though i prefer anders @tjr/whoracle/colony than stanne @lunar.
stanne today is better than anders ever was though.

Pajvela said:
Off-topic, I know... Yet it's too late to ask Johan to return!! They should't have let that lady in, so may they now only blame theirselves!!...

It's like putting the cover of Playboy on Time.

As for vocals, Friden is the best in In Flames, as Stanne didn't do anything amazing till later in DT, but Anders did an excellent job on several different vocal styles, notably Clayman, which was an outstanding performance not comparable to much else in style. He also managed to produce two different styles of growls on Whoracle and The Jester Race, which were both better than Stanne's Performance on Lunar Strain, though Stanne was great, he hadn't hit his prime yet (still getting better every day)

Anders is simultaneously the best and worst In Flames vocalist. The best because of his work from Jester Race-Clayman eras, the worst because of his work on every album afterwards.

Thomas Lindberg is my favorite. Anders is close. I love Johans vocals on Burning Bridges. Thats my favorite Arch Enemy album. Yeah I watched Metal A headbanges journey and realize that Angela is more manly than I am. SHes gross up close. I actually like Anders vocals on Come CLarity quite abit. Lindbergs vocal work on Nightrages first album is god like. Espcially Hero.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
...Yeah I watched Metal A headbanges journey and realize that Angela is more manly than I am. SHes gross up close. I actually like Anders vocals on Come CLarity quite abit. Lindbergs vocal work on Nightrages first album is god like. Espcially Hero.

Yeah I checked out the 'Headbanger's Journey' film at a local cinema - pretty cool, some really interesting insightful stuff, particularly the interviews the guy managed to get - with guys like Dio, Iommi, Bruce Dickinson, Lemmy, and loads of bands. Some freaky sh!t going on with those church-burning death metal bands, that was disturbing... Was looking at buying the DVD, but it's a bit steeply-priced, though the special features sound great.

I would think you would know this but maybe not. By The way i love Emperor.
Okay I dont wanna be an ass but those " Death metal bands" are black metal bands. And actually its not really as distrubing as one might be lead to believe. Watch the full documentray on the second disc DVD and also check out a book called Lords of Chaos. Basically when i really thought about it Christianity was pushed upon the country much like the rest of the world and they basically feel like its their duty to try to bring back the old ways and the roots of their country without having ( in their eyes) this plague in their country. As much as I believe in the higher power I acutally really understood their ideas and cause. My only problem is , and Ive seen this stated by the drummer of Mayhem , is that is they are going to attck Christianity then they should aslo attack the Muslim religions which are over running parts of Norway as well. This was a pagan country and to me it still should be, kinda like America, the more I read and get into religion I realize how much damage christianity has actually done to the world and religion as a whole. To me there is a god and a higher power but the human race its self has turned it into a self righteous close minded waste land.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY - OK I used wrong labels, but I totally understand what you're saying, and agree with you - religions have been forced on people since the dawn of time and it is fine for any person to reject religion.

It is frankly the best mass-manipulative tool known to man (you can make a man do absolutely anything if he has 'belief').

But what I don't agree with is violence and extremism of ANY kind, and that includes burning churches.

I'd go with Mikael Stanne, specially after hearing all the songs on their upcoming album Character - slightly harsher vocals in parts.

BUT Insomnium's Niilo Sevanen comes very close, at least for me!
I love Niilo's vocals on both their albums so far, to me his growls are almost soothing :D . What does anyone else think about him?

Niilo is the new KING for sure...