Favourite Vocalists

Carcassian said:
Really? I thought Sauron was loads better, personally...
Same here. Though I don't think he was anything above average, he suited the band better.

Susperia said:
Is no one else annoyed by King Diamond's falsetto? I mean, once in a while it is interesting, but he does it too much during every song. And I actually think his normal voice sounds better.
:cry:

Susperia said:
Is no one else annoyed by King Diamond's falsetto? I mean, once in a while it is interesting, but he does it too much during every song. And I actually think his normal voice sounds better.

That's part of why I like Mercyful Fate more than his solo project. His falsetto doesn't annoy me, but I like to hear a balance with his normal voice too.

I wouldn't mind if he wailed falsetto all the time. My favorite display of falsetto is by Rob Halford on Judas Priest - "Painkiller".

robhalford2.jpg

Carcassian said:
Really? I thought Sauron was loads better, personally...

O rly ?

I think they both blow.

TaylorC said:
That's part of why I like Mercyful Fate more than his solo project. His falsetto doesn't annoy me, but I like to hear a balance with his normal voice too.

I find kings vocals to have the most high end on don't break the oath. Not in terms his most range just the tone off his voice.