Female front singers

What about Arch Enemy? You not a fan of Within Temptation Deadly? I must admit I don't mind Nightwish, they are very proggy at times but I love Lacuna Coil! The first, the original and the best! Plus I LOVE Christina, I want to marry her! LOL

Sirenia (metal)
Mostly Autumn (Folk rock)
Paatos (prog?)
Leaves' Eyes - Vinland Saga (metal)
Björk (weird woman)

and of course Within Temptation, Trance of Mine, Stream of Passion

Well my fave female singer is probably Lee Douglas, sister of John (Anathema drummer). She has a truly amazing voice, both live and on record...

Yeah I forgot about Leave's Eyes, my mates band Luntara suppoted them when they played down my way. Check out The Spell a local band round my way.
I must admit though most of these bands with the exception of Arch Enemy and Otep offer nothing new really they all dress the same, sound similar and write similar music (even Kittie and Apocalypcia), the only reason they get publicity is because they have a female singing, soon people are going to get bored of it and it will become like nu-metal, death/black metal, stall and samey. The only exceptions in teh black/death dept. are Opeth and Orphaned Land becasue they are differnt and trying new things within the genre.

I deeply disagree with that. Naming Arch Enemy as adding something is completely wrong, I can't tell the difference between Arch Enemy and the legions of other Melodeath bands, other then the fact that they have a female singer who sounds like a male singer? That's just like old Dark Moor. I still enjoy Arch Enemy, though, they're catchy as hell and the musiciansship is great, but what people think makes them special.. is worthless.

If you say that Tristania offered nothing new.. Your wrong, they did, they started all this gothic metal thing, which has gotten quite big, and they still rule it.

The recently disbanded Amaran took everything that was musical of the swedish melo-death, with a great female vocalist. Their two albums really are great. Highly recommended.

I agree that women who sound like a man (Angela Gossow...) shouldn't be included...But I think Anneke van Giersbergen from The Gathering deserves a mention here...

There's:

Tristania
Nightwish
Lacrimosa
After Forever
Epica
Tapping the Vein
Otep
Regicide
Arch Enemy
Within Temptation
Leaves' Eyes
Not so sure but I am GHOST seemed to have a female singer at one point... or I could have been crazy.

I love Lacuna Coil and Nightwish and have been lucky to see them many times as they come to England quite often. Tarja from Nightwish has a beautiful voice and sounds brilliant live, it's a shame she is no longer in the band.

Anyone outside Israel ever heard of Distorted? They had female vocals...
I didn't to listen to them too much but I liked their show on Metalist '04...

Epica is my favourite band.....
but i really love Within Temptation, After Forever, The Gathering, Tristania, Sirenia.....and a lot more......

Nightwish's "Once".....is one of my favourite albums......brilliant one!

Corporal McDick said:
Anyone outside Israel ever heard of Distorted? They had female vocals...
I didn't to listen to them too much but I liked their show on Metalist '04...

Τhey had posted info about their forthcoming album there, some months ago... Very good band.