Looking for female-fronted metal bands, I need your help!

abyssofdreams

knows what you think.
Sep 30, 2002
Germany
www.abyssofdreams.com
So, my g/f really is into female vocalists with strong vocals but mostly using their natural voice and I'm desperately looking for some new stuff and barely find anything useful. It seems that almost every band with a female singer in it tries to go ultrahigh (think older Tarja Nightwish) or Gossow-style, neither of what I'm currently looking for.

Bands I'm looking for would sound like:

Lacuna Coil, Sinergy, Lullacry, Dame, Anette-Nightwish, stuff like that...
Also, they should be somewhat catchy/melodic if possible but that's not a must. Bands like ToMera and the likes are (although I dig 'em) too progressive and complex.

Any ideas? There has to be some underground gems I'm unaware of?
I'm looking on last.fm, myspace.com & here all the time but can't find anything that doesn't go with sopran or grunts/growls. :ill:

Bands I'm NOT looking for (despite the fact that I already know them :Smug:) would be

Arch Enemy
Otep
In This Moment
Flyleaf
The Agonist

Surpise me :loco:

After Forever (self-titled)

Stream of Passion (self-titled)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4D8bV4GUMY&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
All Ends I think someone recommended, similar to In Flames but its way too poppy for me.
Epica? With Simone singing, she does do some Tarja-style stuff and there are some growls, but check it out anyway..

All Ends I think someone recommended, similar to In Flames but its way too poppy for me.

Agreed, I tried to dig 'em, but uggghhh, it crosses that point from "catchy-but-cool" and "total pop schlock" :Smug: I kinda liked it at first, but got old soooooo fast, as most substanceless pop does IMO.

A lot of these are goth/power metal bands, so might be a tad more grandiose and less metal than you're wanting, but I find them all very listenable. In alphabetical order because I'm getting this from my iPod...
Ambeon, Angtoria, Beautiful Sin, Delain, Diablo Swing Orchestra (has a male and female vocalist, no death grunts), Edenbridge, Elfonia, Elis, Leadlight Rose (my band), Leave's Eyes, Never (a friend's band; they're mostly like Tool), Xandria.

Deadlock--video is extremely cheesy and I dont really like the guys vocals but her voice is pretty good

Echoes Of Eternity

Last edited by a moderator: